14

"I can't wait for Defense Against the Dark Arts"

"brilliant. And it's Lockhart the one's teaching us" I said, completely annoyed by him. He's so full of himself. I really hate him.

"awwhh.. He's so charming" Hermione said and I look at her, unbelievable.

"are you serious, Hermione"

"what? At least, he's better than your Malfoy"

I rolled my eyes and mentally face-palm myself. Suddenly, the door opens dramatically, revealing none other than Lockhart. Of course.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... me! Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-times winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award- but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him.Huh, huh, huh... hee, hee..." he suddenly grins creepily and I almost throw up.

" Now- be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind. You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might... provoke them! " he pulled the cover of the cage and we can see a lot of pixies in the cage.

"Cornish pixies?" Seamus said, laughing.

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies!"

"Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnigan, but pixies can be devilish tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them, ha! Come on now- round them up, round them up, they're only pixies!" he opened the cage and the pixies started flying towards different directions.

The students run away while screaming, some of them tried to hit the pixies with their books. Three pixies fly to Neville and lifts him up in the air. I tried to hit some pixies using my book.

"Ah! Aaah! Aaah! Aah- aah! Hey, get me down!"

"Get off me!"

"Stop! Stop! Hold still!"

"Peskipiksi pesternomi!" Lockhart said while swishing his wand but nothing happened. Then, a pixies takes his wand and used it to cause more damage in the classroom.

"I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage!" he says and run away like the coward he is. I knew he was useless from the first time I saw him at the Flourish and Blotts.

"What do we do now?"

"Immobulus!" Hermione shouted and the pixies started floating in the air, unable to move on their own.

"Why is it always me?" said Neville who is hanging in the air from the chandelier.

"wow.... I'm really impressed by how he started his first day as a Defense Against the Dark Arts professor! He left just like that! Besides, it's only pixies"

"well... Maybe he had a bit work to do... You know he's a Professor"

"yeah, Hermione, keep praising him. Professor? Professor, my ass"

I heard the boys stifle their laugh quietly "why are you two laughing?"

They burst out "that's the first time we heard you cursing"

"I can't stand it. He's very annoying. I really wanted to hex him" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

Time skip

I read a book and enjoying my free time when I saw Marcus Flint, the captain of Slytherin quidditch team meet Oliver Wood, the captain of Gryffindor quidditch team. This is not good.