3 • False hopes

.
.
.

This was the day! The day she was coming. Okay he was not sure nor he had idea that she already came. But he was happy maybe his heart knew she came.

Kaira woke up early that day. Of course this was such a big day for them! They were finally going to meet. After three damn years!

He just casually came downstairs while dancing, singing something. He looked so much happy.

Everyone adored his cute antics. They were very happy and emotional seeing him like this after years!

Dadi "Hum bata nahi sakte kitne khush hai aaj. Kittu ko aise haste dekhne ke liye taras gaye the." She said getting little emotional.

Suwarna "Haan Maa jii. sab bohot khush hai. I am sure waha bhi sablog khushi se jhoom rahe honge." She said happily.

Manish "Naitik se kal baat hui meri. We need to leave for Singhania house soon. akhir main apne dost se 3 saal baad mil raha hoon. bohot saari baate karni hai. Aur maafi bhi..." He paused thinking of something.

Suwarna "Manish jii, Naitik Jii forgave you long ago. aap kudhko blame mat kijiye please."

Manish "kaise na karu Suwarna.. issi ek galti ke liye maine apna beta kho diya. He doesn't call me Papa. aur toh usse uska pyaar chin liya Maine. Main chahta toh sab thik kar sakta tha. But.."

Dadi "Manish, tum kudhko saza mat do. isme sabki barabar ki galti hai. hum to baas baghwan se yehi dua mangthe hai ki aap humari kittu ki zindegi ki kushiyaan wapas ajaye." All of them prayed together for his happiness.

___

Kartik was getting ready for his office. He was reluctant to go. As the deal was important he had to.

K "Let me wrap this deal soon. I am waiting for you my love. Come soon." He caressed his phone wallpaper. That was her picture. he kissed there gently. Well he didn't know that he was going to crack the deal with Naira Singhania herself.

Naira was directly leaving for office. she wanted to finish all the work first then wanted to meet her family. Early morning she noticed that company name again. Now she knew where she was going.

As the car moved, many thoughts were revolving around in her mind. Love, anger, pain which were surrounding her completely as her eyes became teary.

She came out of the car. And stood there for sometime. She read the name again. She could only see "GOENKA"

***

"Tumhe pata hai kitne sapne dekhe hai maine humare romance ke. office mein chupke chupke romance!" He pulled her closer.

"Hato besharam kahike. Tumare boss dekhenge toh naukri se nikal denge."

"woh boss tumhare sasurjii I mean mere papa hai. une samaj na chahiye ki unka beta kitna romantic hai." She giggled.

"Kitne chessy hona tum."

"Toh.. kya hua? chess pasand hai na tumhe?"

"Jyada hojati hai toh mujhe kasi hojati hai."

"Acha jii!" he started tickling her and she laughed hard which made him smile.

***

A lone tear escaped her eye. she wiped it quickly keeping a stern face again.

N "Samir? Where are you?"

Samir "Ma'am, I am just reaching in 10 minutes." He said fearfully knowing her anger.

N "What? Are you serious? I am here right there. And you want me to wait 10 minutes for you? Like seriously?" The arrogant, angry business women seemed to be back or the "Sherni" just roared.

"You have got five minutes! Heard it right?"

Samir "But Ma'am, Listen to.."

I said FIVE DAMN MINUTES! BETTER YOU get that!" She almost shouted and cut the call in anger.

And Samir just reached there huffing breathing heavily. poor guy!

Samir "Here it is." He said handing her the presentation papers and others.

Naira just walked inside the office and Kartik's car stopped. they both felt a pull in their heart.

However Naira knew the reason as she knew she was going to meet him that day but she didn't let her heart overpower her emotions. As anger and hatred were visible in her eyes. keeping the stern face, she continued to move.

Kartik felt his heart getting overwhelmed. Since he was excited for her arrival so he thought maybe his excitement was letting him feel in such way. He felt good. He was happy anyway. He greeted everyone with a smile. Everyone was surprised as he didn't smile wholeheartedly in these years.

___

"Ma'am aap yaha wait kijiye. Sir abhi aate hi honge." Shruti said while opening the guest room door. Naira was asked to wait in the guest room until they come.

N "I think the meeting was about to held at 10 am. It's 9:55 already. And no clue of your boss. I must say your boss is very much punctual." She said sarcastically.

Shruti just said he must be coming and left hurriedly as she knew about Naira Singhania's anger. Naira sighed hearing the excuses.

___

Kartik reached his cabin followed by Manish & Akhilesh.

"Sir, Ma'am waha guest room mein wait kar rahe hai." Shruti informed them.

K "Ma'am? Oh so that is a girl boss!"

Manish "Maine suna hai unke bare mein. She is really hardworking & short tempered too."

Sruthi "Yeah sir! Now you can see it by your own eyes too. She is very much offended right now. I think we should start the meeting already Sir."

K "Okay call her. We are starting it. I need to finish this meeting soon anyways." Kartik didn't want to make her wait anymore. Also he was desperate to meet his love.

___

Meanwhile meeting room,

Naira entered there first. Lights were off and she was standing in front of projector. while everyone came & took their seat. Kartik came at last. Where he got a familiar feeling again which he felt before entering into the office.

Somewhere he was fully convinced with his heart that there was something for sure.

Naira though knew about his presence but didn't care or she was pretending not to care because mind can refuse but heart? let's see*

Press the star icon if you liked the chapter~J💕