53 • Never give up on Me

Flashbacks continued-

Kartik dropped Naira at her place as they both came out of the car.

N "Thank you Mr.Goenka."

K "kisliye?" He asked leaning against the car door.

N "Aajke date ke liye." He smiled.

K "You're always welcome! By the way..itni formality. Iske liye thank you kehne ki koi jarurat nahi thi."

N "Tumne pucha nahi?"

K "Kya nahi pucha?"

N "Capetown kab jana hai."

K "Oh haan! So tell me kab jana hai?"

She was scared of his reaction cause he might like the idea of her going at that time.

N "A day after our engagement. I mean we have only two days for that."

K "Only two days! Itni jaldi mera visa. Oh God! Naira tumne mujhe pehle kyu nahi bataya. How would I manage everything?"

N "Sorry nah! Dekho tumne promise kiya hai tum chaloge mere sath. You can't back off."

K "Maine kab mana kiya Naira. Main toh bas.."

N "No excuses Kartik. Theek hai. Main flight cancel kardeti hoon. Main nahi jaa rahi hoon kahi tumhare bina." She hugged him.

K "Naira.." She was surely not thinking practically. He sighed.

N "Chup raho. Maine decide karliya hai."

K "Theek hai. Main manage karlunga. but tum promise karo ki tum flight cancel nhi karogi."

N "But Kartik. Agar tum manage nahi kar paye toh? Hum 3 months ke liye alag hojayenge."

A lone escaped her eye. He wiped it quickly cupping her face.

K "I will manage! Pakaa promise. Ab yeh sab alag hone ki baat mat karo. Aur itni si baat pe kaun rota hai. Tum bhi na."

He was sensing her weird behavior since last few days. She was having some kind of negative thoughts as per he guessed. He needed to know that.

N "I love you."

K "I love you too." He smiled kissing her head. She hid her face in his arms.

"Ahmm! ghar nahi jana aaj?" He tried to make her mood light.

N "Tumhe koi problem hai toh tum jaa sakte ho lekin abhi nujhe apne husband ke saath rehne do."

K "Husband!! To be husband Mrs to be Goenka." He smirked.

N "Just shut up!"

K "Acha okay!" He was having a peaceful smile enjoying the moment with his love.

They passed 15 minutes like this.

N "Ab jao..she said breaking the hug.

K "kaam hogaya toh jao. Ab mera maan horaha hai apne wife ke saath time spend karne ka."

N "To be wife Mr Goenka." She teased him with his words.

K "Acha jii! Rukho tum!" He started to run behind her.

N "Kartik, dekho abhi sab so rahe hai. awaz mat karo." she said keeping a distance from him.

K "Toh main jau?" She nodded.

K "Sachmein jau?" She controlled her laughter and nodded again.

N "Of course jao."

K "Okay." He sat in the car. She came running to him and opening the door sat beside him. He got startled at her sudden action.