20 • Leave me Alone

"I only want you to know that I care"

***********

.
.
.

Imagine a morning where you feel her touch around your arms. And this is not a dream anymore.

K "I wish I could tell you, how much you mean to me." He whispered, staring at lovingly. He could stare at her beautiful face for ever.

Kartik got a call from his brother, Shubham. He received it at first ring.

K "Good morning." He wished lazily.

"Morning, let me inform you Mumma or Dadi may come anytime into your room. So be prepared." Shubham informed as he knew Naira was there with him.

K "Yeah, I get it. Manage it for sometime. We are coming." He cut the call before Shubham could tease him.

Kartik looked at his love for some more time. No he can't never get over this feeling. His love for her is something that can't be described in words.

K "Why are you so cute, Sherni! Mann hi nahi kar raha uthane ka. But I have to. Naira?" He caressed her hair softly and did the crime of breaking her beauty sleep but he had to.

N "Hmmm" She opened her pretty eyes to get welcome by his gorgeous smile.

K "Good morning, love! Wake up. It's 9!" Her eyes widened hearing him.

N "WHAT? Main abhitak yehi hoon? Koi dekhega toh kya sochega! I'm so dead." She started panicking. Kartik tried to calm her down but that was no use.

K "Well, you are my wife. koi kya sochega?" He laughed at her situation. Poor girl!

N "Kuch nahi. I will go get freshen up."

Naira left murmuring something. Maybe somewhere she was so fed up of this act.

K "Sherni!" He chuckled.

___

Kartik was much better now. But still the drama continued.

K "Naira I told you nah jaldi ready hojao. hum party ke liye late horahe hai. Wonder, what do you girls take so much time! Uggh." Kartik kept on talking to himself while waiting for Naira to come.

N "You got ready?" Naira asked from other side.

K "Yeah! I'm not you. Aur kitni sawal karti ho jaldi ready hojao. It has been an hour Naira!" He said, frustrated.

N "Tum jao yaha se. Phir main jaldi ready hojaungi."

K "God! Okay fine. Check your cupboard. Kuch hai tumhare liye." He went to his room giving her space.

Naira checked the cupboard and saw a beautiful well wrapped gift box. There was a pink Barbie gown. She looked amazed by the outfit. Perfect!

N "I'm almost done. Coming down in 5 minutes." She answered through the phone. Kartik called her because it has been two more hours. Girls!

K "Well I thought tumhe meri help chaiye ho toh." He said huskily.

N "I can manage, Mr. Goenka. Thank you."

Naira cut the call and adjusted her gown a little. She saw herself in the mirror and found herself happy. For a moment, she forgot everything. His lies, their misunderstanding, her anger, her hate. She was just enjoying his company. Maybe it was short lived. Maybe;