6 • Two hearts meet

"We were destined to meet again;"

.
.
.

Love hurts but sometimes it kills our emotions. That actually happened with Naira.

Kartik was done with his call when he heard her voice. She was back facing him. And bent down touching her feet lightly. Maybe she got hurt.

He was so eager, excited, nervous, happy at that moment that he forgot to blink. pausing for almost a minute, He took slow steps towards her where she was totally unaware of his presence.

___

"Akshara, Why she haven't reached yet?" Naitik asked impatiently.

"Papa, Kartik bhi nahi aaya. Wait let me call him." Keerti replied.

"Let it be beta. Kya pata dono saath hi aajaye." Akshara said assuring them. They nodded.

___

K "Naira?" It almost came as a whisper from his mouth but she could hear it loud.

How can she not recognize his voice? But why she had to face him in this way? She was not at all okay with meeting him. Obviously scars were there in her heart that printed a big line between her and her Kartik. Maybe not her anymore.

She decided not to face him and started to move with her injured leg.

K "3 saal se bhag rahi ho, abhi bhi bhagogi mujhse..Naira?" Finally she stopped hearing him.

Now she could hear him little clearly. How much she craved for this moment, to meet him once in these years. She says she doesn't care anymore but the heart knows what she actually wants. She stood for a while he came a little closer to her.

N "Ahh.." she winced in pain again when she tried to escape. Stop trying Naira.

K "Naira.." He held by side instantly. But she lost her balance fortunately. And she fell onto his protective arms where she belongs.

That moment was everything! His Sherni was in his arms. Only he knew how much he waited for this moment. Where she was not able to process what was happening to her. She was blank in that situation. She could not even protest. Maybe she didn't even want to.

Kartik tucked her hair behind her ear. That touch after so ages felt like heaven. He missed her, she missed him. A tear rolled down her eye. He wiped it softly where his tears were already falling on her face.

N "Kartik" She shook him so that he made her stand on her feet but he was so in his Naira zone.

Saying nothing he just took her in a bone crushing hug, squeezing her hard. So hard that she could not breathe for a second.

He almost passed 10 minutes holding her in his arms. Only if he could hold her like this forever. She too was silent. Maybe she was also driven away by emotions.

Reluctantly breaking the long hug they had after three years. He touched her face with his palm, wiping those uncontrollable tears. she just closed her eyes to feel his touch.

K "Meri Naira" He said between his tears and hugged her again. This time she hugged him back. Where he kept saying "Meri Naira" which made her overwhelmed.

Coming out of the hug he placed numerous kisses all over her face as if his life depends on it.

She was numb to react anything, just going with the flow. That was not a moment to react or do something. Her being in his arms like this, that too after ages was itself a big thing.