34 • What is happening to me?

.
.

At the present time, Kartik had a huge smile, recalling their first meet and how she used to get annoyed in every single thing. He loved teasing her.

K "Usse bina dekhe hi pyaar hogaya tha. Mera woh sapna coincidence toh bilkul bhi nahi tha. I was so stupid. I was not getting own feelings. Mujhe dheere dheere ehsaas horaha tha lekin us Sherni ko toh kuch samajh hi nahi aati thi." He laughed at last.

"God, kitni mehnat karna pada mujhe. And Kartik tune bhi kam bewakufi nahi kia tha." He sighed and looked at her picture frame as his eyes got the vision of their old incident.

Flashback continued-

Keerti-Naksh's engagement started in a while. Naira came downstairs to meet everyone where as everyone complimented her. His family met her too. It was a nice meeting session. She felt happy with the surrounding of her loved ones.

After a moment of silence, Naira came with a surprise for her Bhai Bhabhi as everyone heard the announcement.

"So give a big round of applause for Groom's sister, Naira!" Her siblings cheered for her while Kartik was eagerly waiting for her to come.

Well Naira always had in her mind to enjoy her only brother's wedding cheerfully. Hence, she wanted everything perfect at their places. So the ring ceremony had to be grand obviously.

Naira danced with some other girls surprising all of them. She gracefully shower her every moves leaving someone awestruck by her performance. He was none other than Kartik.

He couldn't take his eyes off her. He could only see her beautiful face which was showing different shades mesmerizing him completely.

The family members including all guests clapped for them, taking him out from his NairaLand*

K "Hayee! yeh Sherni toh acha dance bhi karleti hai." His heart expressed but his mind got offended.

"Toh mujhe kia? Bekar ki feelings mann mein lana band kar Kartik. Yeh baki ladkio ki tarah nahi hai. She is Sherni."

Naira went to drink some water in the kitchen followed by him.

K "By the way, Yeh bandariya dance kaha se sikha tumne?" He teased her after facing her.

This was just a irritating compliment she ever had about her dance. She fumed and  was about to throw water on his face but stopped.

N "Tumhara kuch nahi hosakta." She said and left without saying anything.

K "Arey suno toh..Sherni.. Apni tareef toh sunke jati." He smiled at her.

The function ended on a good note. They were happy.

"chalo sabkuch ache se hogaya." Kartik's Dadi said smiling.

"Aur aghe bhi sab acha hoga." Naira's mother said and his family were ready to leave.

Kartik didn't want to leave..but he had to..

K "Main sach mein pagal hogaya hoon. Main yaha aise kaise rukh sakta hoon? Woh log kya sochenge! Aur mujhe rukhna hi kyu hai. Naira k liye? not again!" He said in his mind.

And they left bidding bye and Kartik too with his unconvinced heart.

___

K "Maine usse bye tak nhi bola. Usse bura laga hoga. Usse kyu bura lagega! Uggh! Mujhe kyu itna restless feel horaha hai. I should sleep." Kartik said as he was lying on his bed, turning tossing. Her thoughts were leaving her mind.

K "Sleep Kartik, sleep!" He said to himself and went to sleep, shaking off his unknown feelings.

In the morning, he descended off the stairs and joined his family on breakfast table. His family was discussing about wedding plans.