28 • He can't unlove

.
.
.

Around all the hustle-bustle, something was missing. That was nothing but his presence. Her family made her feel way too better. But her real happiness lies on him. No matter how much she denies that.

As she was also kinda bored top of that Rishab was bringing up some unnecessary topic just to talk to her.

Rishab "You remember, that incident.."

N "Rishab, I will just get some water for myself. I'm not feeling well." She said cutting his words. He nodded smiling while she went to kitchen.

She took a glass of water and drank it in one go. Relaxing herself a bit, she leaned towards the wall for a moment.

N "Maine usse kudh mana kia tha. Aur main hi expectations rakh rahi hoon. Kya ho kya gya hai tujhe Naira? Woh nahi ayega! So please tu bhi uske bare mein sochna band kar." She tried to console her heart anyway but failing miserably.

She saw Rishab who was continuously staring at her. She was really uncomfortable with his presence. But what could she do about it?

N "Uparse yeh idiot! Humesha gurta rehta hai. Uggh! Bhai se milne aya hai ya mujhse flirt karne. I just can't tolerate him. Pehli baar jab mili thi tab hi samaj gayi thi kitna bada stupid hai." She murmured frustrating, under her breathe.

Rishab noticed her gaze as he smirked understanding her irritation. There was something secret behind his evil smile.

___

Mishti "Yeh bff itni der kaha reh gaya? Koi phone karke puchiye nah." She asked catching everyone's attention.

Suwarna "Beta, Maine kaha toh tha usse kuch kaam tha. I think he will not come."

Naira looked up to her shockingly. How could he not come?

Mishti "Nahi ayaega matlab!"

Suwarna "Woh beta, usse yaha kya kaam? uska yaha ana kisiko acha nahi lagega." She said looking at Naira's movement.

She looked down feeling hurt.

Suwarna didn't say it with any bad intention but she was disappointed that Naira was still not able to understand Kartik. So she needed to provoke her so that Naira understand things better.

Naksh "Okay then. Cake cut karlete hai. But Kartik ko aana chahiye tha."

Suwarna "It's okay."

They bought the cake as Naira stood in front of the table, taking the knife in her hand. But her heart was still expecting him to come and joined in her happiness. She felt incomplete without him.

Naitik "Come on Princess. cut the cake." Plastering a fake smile, she forwarded her knife.

N "Sachmein nahi aaoge tum kartik!" She whispered to herself sadly.

She was about to cut the cake when the lights turned off. Everyone started panicking.

Naksh "Arey light ko kya hua. Abhi toh theek tha."

Suddenly a spot light fell over a personality standing before them. He was none other than him! Her Kartik.

N "Kartik?" Her eyes twinkled in happiness. But she could not show it right. So she composed herself.

While others were happy seeing him. His eyes got fixed on her beautiful appearance. She looked beautiful. Heck! She is beautiful.

K "Sorry guys woh office mein thoda kaam tha isliye late hogaya. Happy birthday!" He wished with a happy smile which she ignored.