44 • I am sorry, Kartik.

.
.

Flashbacks continued-

K "Naira," He said caressing her hair softly while they had their arms around each other.

N "Hmm." She said looking at him from his chest.

K "Sahil ne tumhe kuch kaha? Did he do something?" He asked, holding her firmly.

N "Nahi Kartik, aisa kuch nahi hai. He is quite nice. Thoda flirty type ka hai. But let it be. Who cares!" She said as he chuckled at her description about him.

N "By the way, tum yeh kyu puch rahe ho?"

K "Kuch nahi bas aise hi. Meri ek baat manogi, Naira?" He asked, with pleading with eyes.

N "Hmm, I will think."

K "Stay away from Sahil. I don't like him." He said making faces. He sure hated him. Naira chuckled at his reaction.

N "Just because you don't like him, isliye?" She teased him.

K "Chida rahi ho mujhe? Rukho tum!" He started to trickled her as she laughed hard.

N "Hahaaha! Kartik, stop. Stop it. Sorry, sorry. I will stay away from him. Fine with you?"

K "Yeah, Better!" He glared at her playfully.

N "Kartik, I wanted to say something. Actually.." She paused, hesitating.

It was not something to hesitate about but she felt like it is a awkward matter to discuss with him.

Kartik noticed her uneasiness. He looked down as she was hiding her face in his arms.

K "Jo bhi hai jaisa bhi hai you can tell me. Come on."

N "Can I just stay like this?" She asked startling him.

There was something disturbing her. He could sense that. He kissed her forehead to ensure that he would be always with her no matter what happens.

K "Tum thik hona, Naira?" He asked, kissing her head. No response came from her side.

K "Naira!" He called out her name again.

N "I'm fine. Bas ajeeb lag raha hai. Pata nahi kyu. I am sorry." She said, realizing the hug lasted for so long. It must be so awkward for him.

But before she could break the hug, he pulled her more closer, remaining in the same position.

K "It's okay. Main hoon nah. Kuch nahi hoga. Don't worry." He said making her smile

___

After an hour of journey, they reached their destination. Having fun, taking pictures and roaming around were all they could do. Naira was having a great time. She was happy to be with him.

I'm the meantime, she got a call from from. Excusing herself, she went to a side to take the call. Later finishing her call, she noticed something which made her confused.

___

The sunset view were captured in their memories and they were done roaming around. It was already late so everyone decided to leave.

Mansi "Ab chale? Bohot der hogayi hai."

Shubham "Bohot bhook lagi hai. Pehle kuch kha lete hai. Then we will leave. What say?" He suggested.

Naksh "Yeah, that's a good idea. There is a restaurant nearby. Waha chalte hai sab." Everybody nodded.

Kartik noticed Naira who looked left out. Her thoughts broke with the touch of his hand.