42 • My Love, I can wait.

.
.N

Flashbacks continued-

Not able to think any other ways, she had to pull up the bold move. She planted her lips over his to give him a kind of relief. A few seconds passed, she felt him taking breathe usually. Pulling back, she caressed his face lovingly.

N "Kartik," She called out his name softly.

Mansi was looking away while Sahil was fuming at them seeing them this much close. She literally kissed him?

Sahil "We reached! Nairaaa!"  He said almost shouting, breaking their trance.

Naira looked around as the car stopped. She kept her hold tight around him still.

N "Mansi, please bring a bottle of water." She said running fingers in his hair. He was coming to his senses slowly.

Sahil kept tapping on the car wheel being totally frustrated. The scene was something that he couldn't digest.

N "Kartik, feeling better?" She asked, cupping his face.

K "I am fine." He smiled at her concern.

They stared at each-other for sometime. Sahil broke the eyelock.

Sahil "I am sorry yaar Kartik. Meri vajah se tumhe problem hogayi. I am really sorry." He apologized in front of Naira so that he could save his good image before Naira.

Kartik ignored him. He knew how fake he was being. Him and apologizing?

N "How can you be so careless? Aaj agar usse kuch hojata toh." She glared at Sahil.

And Kartik looked at her lovingly how much worried she was for him. Her concern for him gave him a strong proof that she loved him. Also she was shouting at Sahil.

K "Meri Sherni!" He said proudly, smirking at Sahil.

Sahil "Naira. Actually, mujhe.." He tried to form an excuse but Naira was in no mood to listen.

N "Don't say anything. Be careful next time." She didn't want to hear his explanation.

Mansi came, got him the water bottle. Drinking it, he felt much better.

Mansi "Bhai, Keerti di aur baki sab wait kar rahe hai. Main chalti hoon. Aaplog bhi ajaiye." She said before leaving Kaira alone in the car, including Sahil who was not moving a inch.

Mansi "Oh, I forgot. Sahil bhaiya, aapko bhi bula rahe hai."

Sahil "Yeah, I'm coming. Tumlog nahi aarahe ho?" He asked Kaira.

K "Mansi tu jaa. We are coming." He answered Mansi ignoring Sahil.

Mansi "They are coming. Aap chaliye toh." Sighing, Mansi dragged him out of the car.

Naira realised what she did as she looked everywhere except him. His lips curved into a mischievous smile seeing her nervousness.

N "Yeh sab mere saath hi kyu hota hai! Ab kaise face karu Kartik ko? Karte waqt toh sochti nahi aur ab sochke kya fayda! Stupid Naira." She murmured curses under her breathe while he chuckled.

N "Maine bas uski help ki. Mujhe samajh nahi aaraha tha main kya karu. Mansi aur Sahil ke samne kiss kardiya.. Aur ab Kartik bhi kya soch raha hoga. Kya sochega this is not first time." She kept on blabbering.

K "Ahmm..Ahmm." He tried to gain her attention.

N "Kartik, sab wait kar rahe hai. We should join them. Let's not make them wait." She said opening the car door.