17 • Beautiful Lie

"If it is for you, I would take the chance;"

.
.
.

K "I love you stupid Sherni." He smiled, patting her head lovingly.

Then he recalled what had happened with him in the hospital.

***

Kartik was taken into OT room. And he was in a very bad condition. Though he was half conscious, he was murmuring her name, saying sorry.

"God, Kartik! Tum! How did this happen?" The doctor present there, knew him. Actually he was a good friend of Kartik.

K "Mujhe...koi treatment.. ki zarurat nahi.. hai. please leave me..let me die.." He uttered, breathing heavily.

"Kartik, relax! Breathe... Nurse, pass me the injection first!"

K "Maine...kaha.. nah mujhe..I don't ..want to live....She... She... Hates...me.." He cried weakly.

Doctor panicked seeing him like this. However, the injection worked and he fell unconscious within a second.

___

Where others were hell worried for him outside. Kartik was taken to another room and he regained sense. The doctor came to meet him first before his family could.

"Kartik! How are you doing now?"

K "Rohan! You here?"

The doctor named Rohan was a childhood buddy of Kartik.

Rohan "Glad you remember me!" He sighed sarcastically.

K "How can I forget you yaar! Come on!" He smiled, leaning towards bed.

Rohan "Kartik, take it easy! And tell me what is happening?" He asked.

K "What do you mean by what's happening?" He asked confused.

Rohan "Is she the one you are in love with?"

K "Rohan, just leave all that. I have to go." He said avoiding his question. And tried removing all the mess around him.

Rohan "What are you doing, Kartik? You are not in a condition of walking. What is this behavior!" He scolded Kartik.

"Agar koi problem hai toh share with me..I am your friend.. right?"

K "Rohan, it's complicated. Actually,.." Kartik finally opened up and revealed everything to him.

K "I don't want to hurt her anymore. Main usse bohot pyaar karta hoon but she wants me to stay away from her. agar mere dur jane se usse khushi milti hai toh theek hai. Main usse aur pareshan nahi karunga." He said with a heavy heart, wiping those tears.

Rohan "Kartik, Tum usse pyaar karte ho aur woh tumse! then why are you thinking like this? She doesn't hate you. it's just her anger saying this. You need to understand the difference. You have hurt her once. agar tum isbaar usse dur chale gaye to usse humesha ke liye kho doge. Can you afford losing her again?"

Kartik shook his head in 'no'. Rohan smiled and kept his hand lightly on his shoulder.

Rohan "Then, don't let her go." He suggested, leaving him in a dilemma.

K "I know she loves me. lekin woh pyaar kahi chup gaya hai. whenever she looks at me I only see hatred in her eyes. It hurts. it hurts like hell. That's why I don't want to live. Somewhere my heart knows I can't live without her and she can't live without me."

Kartik made his heart and mind. He would not give up like this. It was okay to get hurt but letting her go would be something he would not able to bear.

___

"Kartik, bahar koi hai. she is crying very much. If I am not wrong, she is your Naira." Rohan informed Kartik.

He knew it she must be crying after knowing about his condition.

K "Well, I have a plan Rohan. Help me out with this please."

Rohan "Just do it. I'm with you."

K "You have to introduce her as my wife.
Aur uske samne as a doctor behave karna please." He said sarcastically.

R "Okay fine Mr.Goenka!" Kartik chuckled at him.

After all the memory loss drama, Kartik told about his plan to his family. Where Naira had no idea. He felt guilty when she cried. He saw her fallen face when he refused to recognize her. But what would have he done! That was much needed.

___

K "I know maine tumhe hurt kiya! I'm sorry for making you cry. I'm sorry for everything. I promise, this is the last time! Aur sach kahu to mujhe iss jhoot ka itna afsoos bhi nahi hai. Kyuki tum mere pass ho. I wanted this only." He softly caressed her head.

"God! How would I survive without you! And I was thinking to go away from you. Kitna bada stupid tha na Main. no no stupid nahi Mendak. Tumhara Mendak." Finally he laughed.

"I know sach janne ke badh tum mujhse gussa hojaogi. lekin nafrat nahi karogi. Woh toh aaj bhi nahi karti pata hai mujhe. Well I am ready for third world war Sherni.
I really don't care. tab bhi mana lunga tumhe. Abhi baas iss pal ko jeena hai mujhe. I love you my wifey, 'soon to be.'" He dozed off to sleep, not before pulling her close to his heart.

His love for her was such that he could do anything for it. Be it a beautiful lie or painful truth!

___

After the best night, Kartik woke up first only to witness his love in beauty sleep. Damn! How could anyone be this much beautiful and cute at the same time?

He saw her waking up, so immediately closed his eyes, showing his acting skills. She found herself wrapped up around him.

N "I need to leave before anyone sees me." But the sight distracted her. Uff his messy hairs, she could not resist for a moment.

Removing those hairs gently she kissed over his eyes. God! Heaven! He felt so loved at that moment.

"She has loved me after ages." Kartik was waiting for her second move but damn the phone!

"I swear I wanna kill this phone badly!" Kartik murmured in his fake sleep.

She realized her position and quickly got up from the bed. Kartik smiled touching his place where he got his sherni's love.

.
.
.

***

How would you guys describe Kartik's love? Let me know in the comment section. Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter;~Jiya🍂

***