22 • Escaped?

"Hold onto the person tight who truly cares and loves endlessly"

.
.
.

As Kartik was holding her tight, she pecked his cheeks one by one making him grin widely.

N "Okay, now sleep."

K "What? Isse kiss kehte hai tumhare yaha?" He asked, facepalming. Majnu he would get any special treatment. Hehe.

N "Toh?" She giggled.

K "Look, ache se karo or else.."

N "Or else, what? You think I'm scare.." She could not complete as he put his lips on hers, abruptly. She gaped at his sudden action but later melted under his love.

N "Kartik!" She sighed, hiding her face after pulling back.

K "Okay, come on. Sleep." He invited her in his open arms and they slept peacefully after

N "Kartik,"

K "Hmm"

N "Thand lag rahu hai, hug me tight." Aww who, on earth would not give into this cute pout, she made?

K "Abhi thand nahi lagegi." She smiled at him and closed her eyes.

___

"Bache abhitak ghar nahi paunche?" Manish asked, worried,

"Nahi Manish jii, bohot der bhi hogayi hai." Suwarna replied.

"Don't worry, Papa. I will call Bhai." Shubham dialed the number but it was unreachable.

Finding no way, he thought to call Kartik's friend, Gaurav.

"Shubham ka phone hai. What to say now?" Gaurav said fearfully, seeing Shubham's call.

"Jo sach hai batado ki Naira kahi chali gayi. Aur uske peeche bechara Kartik bhi." Riya said sniffling.

"Oh just shut up, Riya! please apna muh thoda band rakhna pehle hi bakwass kar chuki ho Naira ke samne." Riya felt insulted, so she left the place.

"Guarav, Where is Bhai? I guess there is some connection problem. Unka phone nahi lag raha. And everyone is worried."

"Hi, Shubham. Actually we have decided to stay over tonight in my farm house. So humne sabka phone le liya hai so that we can spend our friends time. Kartik Naira kal ajayenge." Gaurav made up an excuse.

"Yeah, great. Enjoy." Shubham hung the call and informed his parents about this. They were relieved then.

___

Naira was in deep sleep, she looked so relaxed in his arms. How much she denies, he knows she loves him. She too gets hurt when she hurts him.

K "Pata nahi kal kya hoga jab tum hosh mein aaogi. Shayad phirse mujhse dur chali ja..." He couldn't complete his words when he felt her finger on his lips.

N "Main Tumhe chodke kahi nhi jaungi buddhu Mendak." He smiled between his tears. His baby was blabbering in sleep.

K "Kyu kar rahi ho mere sath aise? kabhi paad aati ho phir dur chali jati ho. I know I have done wrong. But I wish I could explain you my situation." He sighed deeply, staring at her sleepy face while continuing,

"Tumhe pata hai na main tumse kitna pyaar karta hoon. You are my life. I have been punished all these years. Yeh 3 saal tumhare bina kaise bitaya hai woh sirf main janta hoon. Now please stop it Naira, I can't live like this anymore. I can't afford to lose you again. I hope you know, you know nah I love you a lot." At the moment, he was too emotional that he couldn't help expressing his love before her. It was just he wanted her to know that how much he loved her.

Kartik carefully put her comfortably on his arms so that she doesn't get hurt. He cupped her face softly, kissing her forehead. That's all he needed to survive. His Naira by his side.

K "Enough, Naira. Please, come back to me. You need to know how much I love you Naira, you are my life."

He poured his feelings on her which was unknown to her. Maybe her heart heard it. Maybe someday, she would understand the depth of his love. Maybe.

Kissing her forehead one last time, he went to sleep holding her by his side. Now that's what called peace.

___

Kartik was up way too early before Naira. Not that he slept, he had to stay awake for her safety. He just took a short nap. And his eyes could adore his love whole night. How could he miss that chance by inviting sleep? Also he was preparing himself for her outburst. Sherni's gussa would be on another level for sure after knowing the truth.

Kartik was in his thought when he heard her whining in sleep.

N "Ahh! Mera saar itna dard kyu kar raha hai." She touched her head feeling the headache. Kartik understood it must be the hangover effect.

K "Naira, Are you okay?" He made her sit properly. When she realized the surrounding.

N "Hmm.. where is this place? Hum kaha hai, Kartik?" She asked, clueless.

K "Tumhe yaad nahi hai kuch?" He asked,

N "Hum toh party mein the.. then I was offered a drink.. aur phir.. I don't remember exactly." She replied making him happy and shocked as well. The reason behind his happiness was, she forgot everything including that incident of knowing the truth.

K "Naira, Tumhe sachmein yaad nahi hai?" He was confirming, keeping his fingers crossed.

N "Mujhe sachmein yaad nahi aaraha." He grinned so widely that she noticed him.

N "Now why are you grinning? Hum yaha aaye kaise woh batao." She asked, standing up but he held her wrist, stopping her.

K "Woh main tumhe raste mein bataunga. There is still time for sun to rise. You have headache too. Thoda rest karlo. We will leave after sometime." Naira nodded, as she was dead tired so did not argue much.

What do you think what's gonna happen with Kartik when Naira would actually get to know the truth?

Anyways, Hope you all liked the chapter. Don't forget to press the star icon and comment~J🥀