57 • Unexpected Journey

Kartik was happy after the confession she made. She was finally coming out of her past and he would do anything for that. With the thought he was lost in her embrace. Something about her hug always gives peace to his heart. For sure she was his life.

The sweet moment was interrupted when Samir suddenly walked in. Naira pulled apart immediately feeling embarrassed where as he was least bothered.

Samir "I am..Sorry..Sorry Sir Ma'am." He left hurriedly.

Kartik shook his head and she arranged her things ready to go back to home.

K "Naira.."

N "Kartik, please abhi kuch mat pucho. Mujhe koi baat nahi karni uss baremein."

K "Theek hai. Let's go. I will drop you."

N "Bhai?"

K "Naksh already left. So shall we?"

They came out from the cabin where Samir spotted them.

Samir "Ma'am, I just got informed there is a  meeting at this place. Apko abhi jana hoga. It's urgent."

The place was quite far from their office. So she was not really in a state to go at that time.

N "What! At his hour? It's too late. It's already 7pm."

K "Kisne decide kiya yeh meeting. Cancel it. We are leaving now." He said taking her hands in his.

Samir "But Ma'am. It's urgent. We have a client named Mr.Shergil. it's regarding the deal you were talking about. Aap itne din busy thi so humne postpone kardiya tha. But we can't delay more. We may miss the contract."

N "Kartik, I think he's right. Main attend karke aati hoon. Big deal!"

K "Tumne suna nah yeh jagah kitni dur hai. Tumhe kab jaogi aur kab wapas aaogi?"

N "Kartik, I will manage. Don't worry."

K "Tum nahi manogi. Okay I am also coming with you."

N "But why and how can you come along?"

Samir "Professionally he is your partner. I guess he can accompany you considering the fact."

K "So am I permitted to go Ma'am?" He asked and she nodded.

___

N "Kartik, tum kyu agaye. Main manage karleti nah." She was still not ok with him coming along with her.

Her eyes were on the road as she was driving the car. Kartik was sitting next to her. He was forced to do so.

K "Muh kholo." He fed her that pizza bite.

N "Kartik!" She sighed annoyed.

K "Tumhe yeh laga bhi kaise ki main tumhe akele jane dunga. Wo bhi itni dur."

N "Kartik main..." He again fed her to which she made faces.

K "Sherni gusse mein aur bhi cute lagti hai."

N "Tum bhi na Kartik."

Later they reached the hotel where the meeting was going to held. Naira got a call from Samir in the meantime.

Samir "Ma'am, Recently we were informed...they cancelled the meeting." He said fearfully.

N "What! We have already reached. How can they just cancel it like that? Mujhe baat karni hai unse. Samajh tha kya hai kudhko. Hume yaha bulake kudh nahi aaya!"