24 • Is This Hate?

"What do I have to do to be loved, loved by you?"

**********

.
.

Naira stood up from the place and stared at the sky. Kartik got the situation by then. Maybe what he was thinking, right.

K "Naira," He slowly called her, observing her. He made her face him and held her chin softly.

K "You okay nah, Jaan?" Naira removed his hand from her face making him shocked.

N "Don't touch me, Kartik! Don't you dare touch me." She snapped at him angrily. He was taken aback by sudden outburst. Well he was a little bit prepared for it.

N "Tumne yeh sab kyu kiya, Kartik? Why would you do this to me? Always?" There was pain, hurt in her voice as tears made their way.

K "Naira," He tried to touch her but she showed her hand, stopping him.

N "Yeh sab karne ki kya zarurat thi tumhe? Tumhe pata bhi hai jab maine suna you had an accident main kitni tuth gayi thi. I was blaming myself for your condition. Ek woh dukh kya kaam the jo tumne yaadash jane ka natak karke aur hurt kardiya." Kartik looked upto her eyes to feel the pain she was going through. No he never wanted to hurt her this way.

N "Tumhe us halat mein dekhke mujhpe kya beeth rahi thi tumhe koi idea bhi hai!"

K "Naira ekbaar meri baat sunlo, please!" He cried, pleading.

N "I don't want any explanation from you. Tumhe toh adaat hai mujhe hurt karne ki." Never ever in his life he would hurt her intentionally. How could she say this?

N "It's completely okay for you. Jab chahe pyaar karo aur jab chahe apne aap se dur kardo. This is what you called love, right?" She didn't want to say this but couldn't help.

He couldn't take it anymore! He was ready for anything. But not a single word against his love. There she was doubting his love. That was not acceptable.

K "Enough, Naira!" He didn't shout but say it calmly.

N "Oh, why? Pyaar karte ho na mujhse. Lekin barosa nahi kar sakte! Wow what a love!" Her heart tried harder to stop her but she was out of all the emotions.

N "I told you hundred times, Meri ekbaar baat sunlo. But you left me. kaha tha tumhara pyaar? Haan!" He was listening to her every pinch words silently. She was so close to breaking his poor heart. Little did she know.

N "Batao nah Kartik, kyu trust nahi kiya tumne mujhpe? Why Kartik?" She asked, accusingly.

Kartik remained silent yet which frustrated her more.

N "As always you don't have answers to my questions. Why am I even expecting?" She shuttered to herself, breathing heavily. Kartik got worried seeing her like this. He took hold of her immediately.

K "Naira, please shant hojao. Sit down first."

N "Le..ave..me.. I'm.. Fi..ne.." She hardly spoke.

K "Just shut up. shut up. Bohot bol liya tumne aur bohot sunliya maine. Ab tum meri baat sunogi." She tried to speak but his one glare was enough to shut her.

She kept quiet and He made her drink water first. After she was calm a little, he sat down on his knees before her, holding her hands.

N "Kartik, leave me." She was hating his touch which broke his heart. However he continued,

K "Tumne jab jo kaha maine suna. Tumhari nafrat bardhast kiya, tumhara gussa bhi. I gave you time. But tum mujhse dur ja rahi thi. So I had to do this. I am sorry for everything I did. Tumhe apne paas rakhne ke liye yeh sab kiya tha. I never wanted to hurt you. I can never think of hurting you." He apologized sincerely, between his tears.

N "Woh toh tumne already kardiya hai. You have hurt me three years back."

K "Naira, main.." Naira cut him off in the middle.

N "I don't want to hear anything Kartik. Nafrat karti hoon main tumse. And this cruel truth will never change." Kartik gave her broken smile. How much she would hurt him?

N "Kal main yaha se chali jaungi..
insab se dur. Tumse dur." He stared at her dumbfounded. Going, where?

K "As if I will let you go."

N "We will see." She was fixed with her decision.

N "And one more thing, I didn't ignore you all the way just for no reason. Main bhul gayi thi kuchder ke liye. But.."

K "But tumne subah meri baat sunli thi. You were not sleeping. You remembered what happened last night. That's why you were ignoring me. I know. I know everything, love." He answered from her behalf with a smile.

While she stood nervous. He would definitely something to tease him or embarrass him from last night.

K "Agar yeh sab yaad hai toh kal raat humare beech kya hua tha woh bhi yaad hoga tumhe?" She knew it was coming. She couldn't escape his eyes and got caught in her own words.

N "Nahi, I just remembered a few things. Mujhe aur kuch bhi yaad nahi hai." She answered, not meeting his eyes.

K "Acha? Toh tum mere saath wapas yaha kyu agayi. Mujhse kuch pucha kyu nahi?
Mar deti na mujhe ya phir gussa hoke chali jati phirse." Words fell short to answer his question.

Naira remembers the night. How she confessed her love to him and his confession as well. But accepting the fact could bring trouble in her life. She wanted to figure out what does he feel. Was he really repenting? She was just testing him.

She couldn't ignore him..she tried but she couldn't control herself whenever he is around. She wanted to hate him.
But she was not able to..

Somehow he knew that..
He went near her and cupped her face..

K "ya phir pyaar kar leti..I know the reason.. lekin tumare muh se sunna chahta hu main..he said whispering near her ears..

Aur ye fake gussa kisi aurko dikhana..kyuki mujhpe iska koi asar nhi hoga..he said with a smile again..

But still he was hurt by her words..but he also knew that she didn't mean it at all..

Yes she was hurt because he did this drama..but he knew she over reacted..the reason was she wanted to distance herself from him..

N "Maine Tumhe itna kuch kaha aur tum...she was astonished.

She knew she said much more but his reaction was so mere..

N "how can he bear this...! Maine itna kuch kaha usse aur usne react bhi nhi kia..I can read his eyes..he is hurt.. mujhe ye sab nhi bolna chaiye tha..I have hurt my kartik..her heart said crying

It's ok he deserves this.. mujhe kyu itna bura lag rh hai..I don't care...her mind said..

K "aur main?..

N "kartik dekho adhiraat ko tamasha mat Karo...let me leave..

K "Jaan just let me explain once..please....(teary)

I am sorry....I am really sorry......he said trying hold her..

N "I wish! your sorry could heal my pain..she said this and left for her room..

He closed his fist and hit the wall in frustration..

They both were crying..

_______

Kartik remembered her words..it did hurt...he didn't react because he didn't want to show his weak side to her..

he have to win his naira anyhow..and he will..

He came to his room have his sleeping pills...

"Tum mere pass hoti toh iski jarurat nhi padti.. he said with a hurt face..

And he slept.

NEW ENTRY!!!!!! GUESS....