48 • I will never leave you

Flashbacks Continued-

Naira behavior being extremely weird made Kartik think that she was hiding something. Something was surely in her mind that troubling her.

He needed to comfort his love first before he asked her the matter. Kartik kissed her lovingly and gently pouring all his emotions in that one kiss, saying how much he loved her. He broke the kiss as he found her breathless.

Her eyes remained closed for a few seconds, still lost in that kiss. He stared at his love for a few seconds before she opened her eyes.

N "Kartik, Ab please jane do mujhe. Bohot raat hogayi hai. Tum bhi sojao." She said pushing him lightly.

But he didn't let her go. He just held her more tightly, interlocking their hands.

N "Kartik. Please.." She breathed out, feeling him that close. Kartik shook his head, smiling.

N "kyu pareshan kar rahe ho mujhe?"

K "Huh? Main pareshan kar raha hoon tumhe? Theek hai. Bas kuchder rukhjao. Meri neend ane tak. Is it okay with you?" She just looked at him in disbelief.

K "Kya hua? aise kya dekh rahi ho?"

N "Tum mere upar se utho toh sahi." He then realized their position.

K "Oh haan, sorry."

Kartik gave her space to sit up. Naira sat on the bed while he just kept his head on her lap, startling her.

K "Aise neend jaldi aayegi."

Naira didn't protest. She was just living the moment with him. Later she softly caressed his hair after making his sleep peaceful.

He soon dozed off to sleep. Naira softly placed his head on his pillow, making sure he doesn't get awake and covered his body with the blanket.

She left the room not before kissing his forehead for the last time.

She just walked out of his room only to get bumped into Mansi. Now what! Embarrassed Naira started to fidget.

N "Mansi? Tum yaha?" She asked, not meeting her eyes.

Mansi "Main toh bhai ko dekhne aayi thi. Aap yaha?" She smirked while asking.

N "Woh main.. actually.."

Mansi "Okay, okay. You don't have to say anything. Main samajh gayi. Good night." She went to her room, laughing at her.

N "Thank God! isne jada kuch nahi pucha." She sighed and then again someone blocked her way.

"Tum yaha kya kar rahi ho Naira?" She looked at the person, shocked. That was none other than Sahil. She looked nervous as if someone caught her for stealing thing. But she was terrified for a reason though.

N "Sahil? Actually.. pani! haan pani pine ja rahi thi." She answered, stammering.

Sahil "Kartik se milne toh nahi aayi thi?" He asked, suspiciously.

N "Nahi Main. Main usse milne kyu aaungi.. main toh.. bas aise hi."

Sahil "Okay. Tumhe apna promise toh yaad hai nah." He said smiling like a fool and Naira looked at him angrily remembering his words.

___

Naira was eagerly waiting to meet Kartik as she was asked to meet Kartik to spend time with him. She knew Kartik was going to propose her. The thought itself made her heart flutter.