41 • Concern or Love?

.
.

Flashbacks continued-

The next day, Kartik came downstairs, at the same time Sahil was also coming along with him. And they looked at each other. Sahil turned his face like he was mad at him for some reason. Of course he was. Kartik shrugged and decided to not argue with him anymore.

Kartik saw his family were chit chatting in the living room after breakfast. His Naira was not there. 

Is she asleep yet? He thought and sat down on the chair. He decided to wait for her.

K "Good morning, Maa." He wished his mother happily.

Suwarna "Good morning Kartik, Sahil." She wished both of them. Sahil smiled wishing her back.

Sahil "Good morning, Mami."

Suwarna "Sit beta. Let me arrange the table for you. Tumdono breakfast karlo. Naira bhi aagayi." She said and Kartik's eyes fell on her.

N "Good morning, Auntie." She sat down maintaining a little distance from him.

Kartik passed a smile to her but she avoided it. He didn't mind it as he knew her reaction. Sherni was still confused about her feelings.

Keerti "Naira, breakfast karke jaldi ready hojana. We are going for shopping and then movie!" She said making Naira excited.

N "Oh, Great plan."

Mansi "Wow! Main bhi chalu aplogo ke saath?"

Keerti "Of course! Naksh aur Gayu bhi aarahe hai. We will have fun. Ek kaam kar Kartik tu bhi chal." She said and Kartik was on cloud nine. He was all ready.

K "Sure! Why not! Let's go for it." He winked at Naira who ignored him again.

Suwarna "Sab jaa rahe hai toh Sahil tum bhi jao unke sath." She said to Sahil making Kartik's face fell.

Sahil got happy listening to her request. He would surely not miss a single chance to flirt with Naira. Idiot!

Sahil "Yeah, sure. Main bhi aaraha hoon tumlogo ke saath. It's gonna be fun." He said smirking at Kartik. He glared at him in response.

N "Bhabhi, main nahi jaa rahi. Aaplog jaiye. I am not feeling well." She said when heard Kartik was also coming along. She wanted to avoid him after last night incident.

Kartik was staring at her fully knowing why was she denying all of a sudden.

Keerti "Tum nahi aarahi ho toh theek hai. Plan cancel kar dete hai."

N "Bhabhi please, don't cancel your plan for me."

Keerti "Then come along." She told adamantly.

N "Okay, fine." She sighed giving up, making Kartik happy too.

___

Naira was all ready, waiting outside for everyone to come. Noticing her alone, Sahil approached her.

Sahil "Hey, Naira."

N "Hi," She genuinely replied.

Sahil "Are you feeling better now? I mean you had a headache last night?" He asked, trying to extra caring towards her.

N "Yeah, I am fine. Thanks for asking." She said with a smile.

Sahil further asked about her college, hobbies, favourites, etc. She answered it all like a well behaved girl.

Just then Sahil's eyes caught the sight from where Kartik was coming. He thought of an idea and smirked before doing it.

Naira was back facing him. Taking the advantage he lightly pushed her so that he could catch her in his arms, showing it all to Kartik. But Sahil pushed her with such a force that she stumbled.