Part 10 - The lift and the Fall

Emily was stood at the main exit of the building so she could interact with her audience before they walked out into the cold September night.

She received so many caring and kind messages as she shook their hands and signed their programmes. 

All most everyone had left now including most of the dancers and Emily still hadn't got to say goodbye to Harry, she was starting to believe that he was already gone.

That was until the rich british accent that belonged to Harry spoke to the back of her head.

"I'm impressed"

Emily immediately turned around, her smile brighter than ever.

"So you didn't leave"

Harry laughed to himself.

"Now why would i want to do that"

Emily felt the laughter she held inside of her chest while she took a second to appreciate this moment.

Benji's laughter travelled from the office, he was probably talking to a friend or something.

"Oh! I forgot you haven't met my dance partner yet"

Emily took Harry's hand and led him into the small box office just next to the entrance.

One of Emily and Benjamin's friends Alex was perched up onto a desk, he pushed back his blond curly hair with one hand and covered his mouth with the other.

"Benji, Alex I wanted you to meet my friend"

She stood next to Harry and her eyes travelled from their hands up to his smiling face then to Benjamin and Alex's wide eyes and raised eyebrows.

"Harry, this is my partner Benjamin and his boyfriend Alex"

Emily and Alex were very close as well, they met over a board game at Benji's house one christmas day and ever since they have only grown closer.

Once Harry heard the word 'boyfriend' he was instantly more relaxed, it was a relieving sensation even though he wasn't planning on becoming anything special to Emily.

"And guys, this is Harry"

She smiled while Harry offered his hand.

Alex jumped off the desk and shook it, whilst Benji didn't move a single muscle, he was still in complete shock.

"Yea we know"

Emily's giggles fluttered around the room.

"S..so you saw that whole show?". Benjamin was still wide eyed as he spoke.

Harry laughed and placed his hand behind his neck, "yea, it blows my mind how nobody fell that whole time"

The tension loosened up as laughter burst from everyone's mouths.

"Wow, well... This was a pleasant surprise but we have to run, Alex's parents are in town and we have a reserved table at that new french restaurant down the road, it was nice meeting you H..Harry"

Emily was amused by the fact that Benji's face was still surprised.

"Well have fun then love birds, don't make yourself sick with all them frogs legs and snails"

Emily laughed as she performed her best french accent.

Benjamin flipped her off whilst grabbing his bag from the floor, his laughter was unavoidable though.

She caught the keys he threw to her.

"Make sure you lock up properly, i'll see you tomorrow"

Benjamin left hand in hand with Alex leaving Emily and Harry with a whole ice rink to themself.

"So" She turned to Harry with a mischievous smirk on her face.

"you up for a skate?"

Harry and Emily were making the most of their last night together, they weren't having deep chats or silly little conversations but they were living in the moment.

Emily ran out into the middle of the ice in her old nike air forces, for a figure skater she wasn't great at balancing without blades bus she was having fun throwing herself all over the place and her laughter echoed around the stadium. 

"Come on! It's so fun" 

She ran towards Harry and took his hand.

"Emily slow down"

He laughed as she pulled him out to the middle of the ice, she supported him, well she tried. If Harry fell then Emily would topple down with him. 

They spun each other round as their warm breath spiralled into the air, Emily's button nose was pink as the temperature rising from the ice formed goosebumps on her skin.

"Ready for the lift" Emily laughed as she turned to face Harry.

"The lift!?" 

She ran towards him and he wrapped his arms around her, he gave her the kind of hug she would ask her dad for when she was little, the one where her feet would lift off the floor and into the air.

He spun round and plummeted to the floor, Emily's body lay across the ice as a fit of giggles escaped her mouth.

She opened her eyes to see Harry looking at her in a way nobody ever had before. His hands were spread across the ice on each side of her head. His body just above hers, radiating his heat down to her. 

His smile was gentle, his eyes were bright.

He came closer, his cold hand placed itself on Emily's cheek, his thumb brushed over her soft lips.

She held her breath and closed her eyes, his comforting lips pressed against hers, it was the perfect warm feeling she needed whilst pressed up against the chilling ice. 

Her hands slowly slid around his neck, her stomach was performing summersaults. She promised herself no more of this but she couldn't stop.

He fell into a deep pool of feelings, he had them locked up for years and now he was struggling to contain them.

Their lips slowly parted, her breath kept Harry close, and warm.

"I don't want you to go" She barely even whispered.

Harry was close enough to hear though, he pressed his forehead against hers.

"I know, I don't want to go either. But that's just the way of the world"

He tucked his arms under her back and pulled her off the ice and into his chest. 

"Don't do anything to stupid without me, okay?"

She laughed as her smile crawled back onto rosy face, she leaned back and looked at him.

"I Promise".