Part 12 - Surprise

The night was long, Emily wanted to speak about the whole Bella situation and mention the kiss just incase he had something to say about it and to clear the air.

She scrunched her hair into a bun and cuddled up in an old Hollister top as she got ready to call Harry, she hoped he didn't call her last night because of reasons other than a busy schedule, there could have been loads though and the one that was playing in her head was that Bella could have said something about Emily without her knowing, but by the looks of it Harry started to seem fed up with Bella as well.

"Hey"

His face was bright, his smile sparked a firework in her heart.

FaceTime was the only thing keeping them close right now, it wasn't ideal but it was better than nothing.

"I'm sorry i couldn't call you yesterday, my manager is getting kind of strict at the moment"

Emily noticed a change in his mood when he spoke about his manager.

"Are you ok?"

He smiled and then looked back towards his phone.

"I'm fine, but i want to hear what you've been up to, or if anything is playing on your mind"

Emily pulled her duvet closer to her chest and snuggled into it, taking in the fresh scent of laundry detergent.

"Funny you say that"

She paused to pull her words together and Harry patiently waited for her.

"what, what did our kiss mean to you"

She instantly regretted saying it, she was scared things would get awkward between them. But all Harry did was giggle.

"So this is what you've been worrying about?"

Emily smiled, he knew that he was reassuring her that there was nothing to get worked up about.

"I guess so"

Emily bit her lip to control her nerves, even though nothing was bothering Harry she was still anxious to take in his opinion on the whole thing.

"I liked it, a lot. Something funny about me is I get scared over a broken heart, but for some reason i'm letting myself go around you Emily Jackson. There's just something about you that is new to me, and your pretty cute"

When Harry heard Emily's laughter, it felt like she was there beside him, that's where he wished she was. 

He would be lying if he said he didn't miss her, it was his manager that held him back. Apparently he can't have a relationship, he wouldn't be able to keep it private from his millions of fans and it would be 'too much of a distraction'.

His feelings and the way he held them back was also a flaw he was afraid to admit.

"So what did you think then?"

Emily wasn't as afraid to admit her feelings now.

"Yea, it was... nice. I thought feelings weren't going to come to me after the whole Jake incident but i don't know anymore. I mean miracles aren't arent myths."

He was so calm around her, he could say whatever he needed to say and feel whatever he needed to feel.

Their conversation about feelings settled as they listened to the sound of each others voices, the night felt young for Emily, she always felt giddy around Harry but peaceful at the same time.

"So how's Benjamin?"

Emily reminded herself that she hadn't told Harry that she had absolutely nothing to do because the dance team were taking a small break after the show and Benji had taken the time to travel to spain with Alex to see his Family.