Part 20 - Sunflower

Many days past, it went by like a flash actually. The boys were still at their hotel, they were convinced they were never going to leave since being all together brought back the old days. Emily was working away at the ice rink trying to make the most money she could, the money the students paid would go to Emily, Benji, Miss Kate, renting the building or the outfits and repairs so the extra time she was putting in was going into the phone she recently bought.

It kind of felt like a weekend that goes by really fast, having the company of all five of the boys pushed time past its limits, she hadn't seen Bella or heard from her so she was guessing that she decided to step down for once.

Her head rested against the same old bus window and the radio entertained her tiresom thoughts, once she got to her door her keys jingled as she turned the lock of her door and all was calm once more.

She threw her bag to the floor and draped her coat over the back of her couch. She was comforted by her plush couch pillows that let her body sink into its warmth. The sound of the gentle breeze brushed against the window, her eyes were closed listening to the beauty of.. nothing.

But knowing her it was no time at all until his lustful voice crawled back into her mind, just the thought of him melted her little heart. To try channel her skipping heart she scrolled through their recents texts, she could physically see him talking to her with the words he typed.

She was left wondering though, his last text was 'are you busy tomorrow night?'. It was a little out of the blues and considering he didn't reply after she answered 'no why?' was strange she had a little buzz as to what he was meaning exactly.

Her hand rested on top of her phone which lay against her chest. Nothing beat the feeling of hope, it was something relatively new to Emily and she had learnt to adore it.

Her body jolted in surprise, there was gentle knocking at her door and since she was living a still dream her thoughts scattered. "Just a minute!".

She scrambled to pick up her coat and hang it up properly so her home looked more presentable as for her she pulled her hair back before peering behind the heavy white door.

"Hello" his wide smile and pink cheeks beamed, "H..Hey Harry" her voice was in a questioning tone as her eyes switched between the golden bunch of sunflowers in his hand and his piercing deep eyes.

"I thought I would do something nice for you, so I'm here asking if you would like to join me for dinner" Harry took Louis words more seriously than he led out, he understood how well Louis knew him so being the gentleman he is, he stuck true to his feelings by taking out the most beautiful personality he had ever met.

He admired the way she fumbled over her words, he suspected it was because of the flowers he held in his hands. After a late night face time many months ago he recalled her going on about how uplifting she found sunflowers.

She reached out her hands and took the bouquet he held towards her, a shot of goosebumps raced down her back as her hand brushed his. "I would love to go out to dinner, I'm just going to put these in water real quick if you want to come in." She swiftly turned to find an old jug she found at a charity shop out of one of her cupboards hiding the blush that blossomed across her cheeks.

"Harry these are beautiful, how did you know they were my favourite?" He wandered in at his own pace while answering her question.

"You told me, one morning at 4am London time" she smiled over her shoulder while carefully placing their young healthy stems inside the jug. "I was probably sleep talking at that point, but they are definitely my favourite" He smiled whilst his eyes travelled to her shirt, it was a print of Vincent Van Gogh's sunflower over a yellow fabric.

"I can tell" She smiled back at him, biting her lip just to contain the adrenaline which was surprisingly already making its way around her.

"So, where are you taking me?" Harry held up his arm and waited for Emily's hand to reach his, "come with me and I will show you". A smirk played across her face as she paused to look at his god like features and with out another second to spare her hand reached his and he led her out into his dark Range Rover covered in little droplets of the spitting rain.

"Wow, very fancy Styles" she hopped in whilst he held the door open for her, once he walked round and got into his side his hands brushed down the wheel and he started the car. "Fancy, hmm I like it" he jokingly approved her comment before letting the engine rumble into action.

"As the guest you get the choice of picking the song of the night" she took his phone from his held up hand and swiped through his large variety of artists. Her eyes came to a halt at 'Sign of the Times' by none other than himself Harry Styles. "Hmm I think I have heard this singer before, he has a pretty good voice but his lyrics are a bit corny" she put on her best posh accent whilst talking over the piano playing through the car.  

"You nutter" He laughed while jokingly grasping back his phone. Her hand twisted the volume up as she got ready to sing, "JUST STOP YOUR CRYING ITS THE SIGN OF THE TIMES" they both blared out there roaring voices just managing to reach over the music. It was a beautiful collision of laughter and shear talent as the song continued for another 5 minutes and 42 seconds, the hand gestures, the overdone emotion were all signs of a good night that was only just beginning.

The song came to an end and all that was left was the panting and the giggles that circled around the spacious car. Nothing could beat the feeling of knowing you felt something towards a boy you could just be yourself around.

"I thought you weren't a fan" he smiled at her before facing back at the road.

She forced her laughter to lower as she squeezed in her next sentence.

"Consider yourself mistaken"

It was that one look of knowing they shot each other, they knew for a fact they felt something between them but what they didn't know was that it was only going to grow stronger as the night continued.