Part 16 - Nights Like These

It was a gentle night, the breeze was cool coming through Harry's kitchen window. candles were lit as always and a sleepy aroma settled into the room.

The clock ticked on until one in the morning, Emily and Harry took the time to properly catch up with one and others four month parting, he entertained her with all of the things that went wrong while recording or doing interviews and she returned the humor with stories about Mary and her odd way of looking at things. 

Her eyes were drooping as the last of her yawns escaped her mouth, "You should really get some rest". Harry offered his hand. "But I want to stay up and chat", she was a fan of Harry's random little stories, "you might want to chat but your eyes are telling me differently."

She smiled as she grasped his soft hands, he pulled her off of the couch and onto her feet. "I'm too tired to walk, can I have a piggy back?", her young voice was full of happiness, she stepped onto the couch and clambered onto his back. His arms held her legs close to his body as he walked down the hallway.

"Where do you want to sleep?", his deep voice soothed her, her head lay on his shoulder as she gently purred into his ear, "next to you, what if i have another nightmare?". The corners of his mouth turned as he walked towards his room and slowly creaked open the door.

Harry's body collapsed onto the cool white sheets, Emily rolled off of his back and curled up in her own body warmth.

"God, it's bloody freezing in here" Harry chattered as he got up and ran to close his window blowing his light airy curtains. "You need to remember to close your windows, what if a wasp flew in here and made a nest in your room", she snuggled into his fresh pillows as she pulled the duvet over her cold skin.

She felt a dip in the bed and his warm arms wrap around her, "then I guess I would have to make my guests feel welcome, i don't fancy angry wasps attacking me in my sleep", her quiet giggles filled the air, when he talked his breath sent goosebumps down her neck. "It's not wasp season anyway".

She drifted to the pattern of movement in his chest as he breathed, it was nights like this she was missing out on because of Jake, she was so glad to be done with him. The fact that he hadn't called her since she dumped his stuff out her apartment struck her worrying mind with relief.

If only she knew she wasn't actually officially free yet.

Meanwhile in Bella's world she dialled in the digits of the notification on Emily's phone just to see if there was any inside scoop on her personal life she could get a hold of. The phone made it's call as she looked around her stuffy apartment filled with clothes, empty beer bottles and old take out boxes. 

"Who is this"

The hoarse nasally voice scratched through her phone, she was taken back a little. Why did the 'perfect little angel' Emily have five missed calls from a guy who sounded so rough and troubled. 

"Hey, do you by any chance know a girl named Emily", a cunning smirk played across her pale face caked in the wrong matching foundation. 

"What do you want?", Bella laid back in her beaten up sofa as she settled into her little plan.

"I wanted to figure out who has been blowing up her phone, she left it at my house and you called her five times so now it's your turn to answer a question, who are you?"

Jake was staying in one of his friends houses, they had a very similar behaviour, you could probably tell by the state of his off smelling apartment. He sighed as he took a swig of his half empty bottle of tequila. "I'm her ex I guess, she ran away from me one night without telling me and I haven't been able to get her back since".

"Oh, I see". Bella tried to act neutral behind the phone but the excitement was fizzing around her, this was perfect, an ex boyfriend.

"What if i told you where to find her", His gravelly chuckle grazed Bella's ears. "I'm not interested in finding her, i'm interested in my revenge. She kicked me out of her apartment and ran off with some other guy last time i saw her".

She seductively bit her lip shearly just to get deeper into the mood. "Well that makes the both of us wanting revenge". 

Jake paused for a second to think, "how do i know your not lying?"

She let a sligh laugh slip through her voice. "Meet me in the greenwich park in one hour if you want to know where she's hiding, i'll be wearing leggings and a leather jacket." She hung up before he got to answer her leaving him with the urging curiosity to find out is she was telling the truth.

---

Emily woke up tangled in Harry's arms, his scent filled her with joy leaving her with a positive mindset to start the day wonderfully. No bad dreams were drilled into her head when she woke so that obviously says alot about how securing Harry is.

Knocking traveled through his apartment and into his room, as Emily was actually awake she slipped out of Harry's grip to go answer it.

"Goodmorning", the door creaked open to Niall holding a bunch of different breakfast foods in his hands, "Hey, your up early". She stepped aside so he could come and dump his stuff on the kitchen counters. 

"Because i'm starving, i'm guessing Harry owns a working grill?", she laughed as hand pointed to the oven in front him. 

"No problem love" Louis voice echoed in the hallway just before Emily was about to shut the door, "oh, hi Louis, and Mary". He was helping her pick up a flower pot that had toppled over in front of her door.

"Goodmorning Emily" Mary's shaky voice called while grasping her the door handle to support her. "Your friend was just helping sit up my daffodils", louis wiped the hair from his forehead with the back of his hand since his fingers were covered in soil. "It's no bother, your flowers look much better standing".

She thanked him once more before Louis came inside. "Wow Louis, i never knew you were such a gentleman", he smiled at her as they walked to join Niall twisting random knobs and buttons trying to turn on the grill. "I learned of the best, speaking of him where is Harry".

Emily turned to face the closed door at the end of the dim hallway, "he's still sleeping". Her heart fluttered to think that she actually woke up in the arms of not only an insanely good looking man but probably one of the most gentle, caring and respectful people she has ever met.

"Look at the smile across your face" her cheeks flared and she covered her face. "Louis shut up", his laugh filled Harry's kitchen with happiness. "I'm only teasing, it's clear you care about him. I'm actually really happy that he met you, Emily i've only known you for just over two days but i can tell your a really good person and i'm proud my little Harrold is finally letting himself grow feelings."

Her eyes glanced to the floor, it was quite clear that Harry and Louis have had chats about his relationships and what not but the thought of him, actually having feelings for a random girl who didn't have much self confidence at all and in her head was practically nothing compared to his ex girlfriends or all these beautiful models and actresses, it was odd for her to believe that they could be something more than what they already were.

It was safe to say Emily knew and has accepted the fact that she has grown strong and undeniable feelings for Harry.