Part 29 - Comfy Clothes

Her tears rushed down her cheeks with one single blink. 

Since her words struggled to pass the lump in her throat she resolved to clenching her body close to his, that small jar that sat in a drawer of her room collected very few pennies for the trip she had been dreaming to take ever since she was little, but now she was being held by one of the most amazing people she had ever met knowing that tomorrow they were going to be faced with the miracles of Paris, face to face.

"You have no idea how much this means" she quivered into his dark hoodie. He smiled at her curling emotions that cried into his chest.

"You deserved this though."

She slowly separated from him to look at his gentle face, "you work so hard and you give so much when you don't get nearly enough in return."

her lips quivered again as she fought back even more tears trying to maintain her thankful smile. "Honestly, right now ..your all I need." He laughed as he planted a gentle kiss on her lips.

"ugh, gross. I'm so sappy" 

He laughed at her remarks as she wiped her tears away making space for her joyful smile. "Well, we better get packing" he quickly picked up the last of the chips and sealed the box. 

A small squeal of excitement rushed through her as she danced around a small patch of sand, "I'm going to be in Paris tomorrow!"

He happily watched her twirl her arms around the cool air as she let her thrill radiate through her little dance. 

Her sleep was disturbed due to the rumbling excitement throughout the wakening night. She was aware that they were taking a risk since she only gets back to London the night of the performance so if they missed the flight she would let her whole team down but she wasn't going to say no to a perfect week away.

The next morning was a rush, it was one of those situations where you've got everything packed away and sorted out but you still feel like your chasing the sprinting clock. 

Harry: Hey, just pulled up outside.

She looked down at the notification on her phone and quickly tied up her hair in a messy ponytail just before checking herself in the mirror. She wasn't wearing anything fancy since plane rides caused her enough stress so going in sweats and a hoodie didn't bother her too much. 

She dragged her suitcase out her door, locking it once it was shut and walked out the building to see Harry waiting happily in is black car, also wearing comfortable clothes.

He hopped out and helped her put her suitcase in the boot, "excited?"

"You already know the answer to that" she cheerfully explained as he shut the boot door. He stole a little glance from behind as she skipped to the front of the car in her worn out vans. He thought it was particularly cute, the way her hair was tied up with no care and how she snuggled into the material surrounding her.

Her bubbly personality enlightened him even more as they got closer and closer to the airport, the parking was quite easy since Harry was very used to airports and all of their struggles but once all of the complicated parts of security were out of their hair they seemed to be recognised by quite a large group.

Emily wasn't aware of it as her head lay in Harry's lap, playing with his hoodie strings and Harry being too occupied with the little play she put together with the ends of the strings didn't seem to notice either. That was until a huddle of girls awkwardly shuffled towards them clutching their phones close to them. 

"Hey- I uhm, Harry could I get a picture?" a younger girl wearing denim dungarees attempted to get his attention with her quiet voice, Emily sat up to see who was talking. The young girls cheeks blushed as she thought she was disturbing their privacy but she was quickly reassured by Harry's never ending kindness.

After he got up and took a quick photo the other girls keenly made their way over asking for the same, Emily smiled to see him be so patient with his fans especially since they would be boarding their plane any second now but a small voice called her name surprising her a little bit.

"Hi, Emily, could I maybe get a picture with you?" 

She smiled at her pleading eyes, it was weird to get asked for a picture by someone she didn't know but it didn't bother her. "Of course."

She snapped a fast selfie since she seemed to be more nervous than excited, "uhm, are you and Harry going on a honeymoon?" 

Emily gently answered her out of the blue question guessing she didn't know much about the public's take on their relationship. "No, were not married" she sympathetic tone carried through her gentle laugh. 

"Oh, so your just in love?"

She was a little lost for words at the mention for love, she knew that somewhere inside of her there was a voice telling her she could be possibly falling but love was something she was careful about after her dumb decision to trust Jake. 

"Umm I-"

An announcement about their plane departing saved her rushing words, Harry politely excused himself and walked towards Emily, "I'm sorry I have to go but it was lovely meeting you."

She gave her a large grin before rushing back to her group, "everything alright?"

He took her hand and walked with her as she spoke, "yep" a bright smile beamed across her face.

After putting their carry-on bags in the small bunker above their seats they settled themselves, preparing for the trip Emily had dreamt of for all her 23 years of living.