4 • Hit and Miss

.
.
.

As soon as the meeting started, everyone got settled on their seats. She was standing in front of the big screen because of which they couldn't see her face. The lights were off too.

Where Kartik was still confused about his unknown feelings. Keeping his thoughts aside, he decided to focus in his meeting first. He had to finish all his work as he was going to meet her soon in the evening. Well he was little curious to know about this short tempered girl. Only if he knew she was his Sherni*

Samir "Sir! You here finally! You took much time. I tell you Ma'am is very punctual. And I'm sorry to say but now I really don't know about the deal." He said to Kartik.

K "I can explain it to her. And let's just get done with this then we will think about the results." He replied calmly.

And they got seated. Naira took her laptop and started with her presentation. The dim spotlight fell over her. And she took a deep breathe.

N "So guys! Every single details that I figured out for this project. Hope you all like the idea."

He heard it! Her voice! How could he not recognize his most favorite sound in this world.

K "Naira?" His heart whispered. He could not say it loudly thinking his heart was deceiving him again.

He raised his head a little listening the voice. Because he could not resist. He so wanted to see her face. He was desperate already.

K "Naira? But how's this possible? I mean.. I'm.. Meri Naira..toh.." He was so lost in his thoughts when he heard everyone clapping for her. She deserved that appreciation for her work.

"So that's all! And I really want a professional and a responsible person to work with me on this project. This is my father's dream. So I personally will work with that person as my partner." She finished while back facing still.

He was getting restless to see her face. Not wasting any time he went to switch on the lights.

She was about to turn around but damn the phone rang!

"Yes Mr.Mathur, I am just coming in 20 minutes! It's done! Yeah almost there. Bye!" She cut the call and was leaving hurriedly just to get called by him.

"Excuse Me! How can you leave in the middle of a meeting? That's so unprofessional!" He said to stop her.

N "I'm not sorry Mr. Goenka! I guess I am done with my presentation. everything is sorted. And my PA is here to handle the rest. One more thing I know how to be professional. I have my another meeting so I can't waste my time here."

She was calming down her heart since she entered the office. Those fresh tears already made their way. but less she cares.

K "hey listen! wait..." he shouted from behind. But she already left sitting in her car.

"See you soon Ms.Stranger."

___

Naira was in her hotel room. She was little relaxed after finishing up all her meetings. She was enjoying the cold breeze sipping her coffee. Such relief! In the meantime she got a call from her Mumma.

N "Haa Mumma!"

Akshara "How are you doing beta?" she asked innocently.

N "Mumma, you know you really can't act. So don't try!" She said giggling.

Akshara "Naira, what are you saying beta?"

N "oh really! aap to pure character mein guss gyi. Sunita dii ne mujhe sab bata diya hai."