chapter seven- No Way!!

Mandy's POV

Shortly after, we arrived in the office. My head is still bursting with pain after everything that has happened.

"Please take a seat, Sir and Mam?" I told them as I pointed to the seats in front of my work desk.

"Oh, thank you so much dear. But please call me Cilla, short for Priscilla since it's too long!" She said while slipping into her elegantly.

"And this is my husband Anthony." She continued as she pointed to her husband who was now sitting beside her.

"We just want to say sorry for what happened back there. We are also taken aback by what he said, clearly you are as confused as us based on the reaction you had in the room. We too, as his parents, were also confused!" Anthony began

"Is he ok, doctor?" Priscilla asked me.

"Actually yes, Physically he's ok now. His injuries are healing at a rapid pace and his body responds well to the treatment. But we need to conduct some laboratory tests on him after that only,  we can tell you what happened to his memory!" I answered them without any form of hesitation in my voice trying to reassure them that their son is fine.

"We just wanted to make sure if you really are not his wife? Did you two get married in secret?" Anthony asked me once again and I shook my head vigorously.

"Ohh .. sorry but I don't know your son. Actually I met him in the restaurant five days ago. That's my first time meeting him but me and him in a relationship? Nope!" I told them honestly.

"Did he ask you for a date?!" Priscilla asked me out of nowhere. I swear I almost jumped from my seat after hearing what she said.

"Me?" I pointed to myself " oh no we are not even speaking terms to begin with. I don't have any sort of relationship with your son. I promise you that. You can ask my friend about it!" I said to them as I kept telling them the truth.

"So what happens then? What will we do about it? He keeps on telling us that you are his wife. This mix up of memories he has is getting more complicated than we thought of earlier. Can you help us?" Anthony asked me and I looked at him.

"Of course I will do my best to help him, Sir. Especially bringing back his memory!" I told them in all honesty.

"Thank you for that doctor. But what I am trying to say is that. What about him claiming you as his wife? What can we do about it? He keeps asking for you! And we don't know what to say to him!" Anthony said helplessly worried about his only son and his condition.

"Honestly I also don't know!" I told them honestly.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Priscilla asked out of the blue.

"No.... I don't have any!" I answered her but with a look of confusion withered on my face.

"I know this is beyond your job. But can we ask you to play along and just pretend that you're his wife for now? Till his memory comes back? Please?" That almost made me choke my own spit for a moment. I didn't see it coming. But I saw how sincere she is and she's pleading with me .

"I am sorry! But I really don't know!" I said while I gave her sympathetic eyes.

"How about thinking about this for now. Take a while If you ever change your mind, please don't hesitate to tell us what you want. I can give you anything in exchange for this. I know how hard it is for you to do this!" Anthony said to me trying to negotiate.

"Isn't it unfair to him? We are basically cheating on him. I don't want that. If he gets his memory back. How can I explain it to him?" I asked them.