[chapter four]

[her; Alex Alvarez]

It was 5:30 on a Friday night when Dad and I were watching a movie on our massive tv. I had heard a knock on the door and asked Dad if he could get. He got up and Penelope came rushing through the door. "How the hell do I do this? Do I like? Do I swipe? Do I put someone in my cart?" She asked frantically. "It's like watching a baby bird how to fly." Dad said as I laughed at the both of them. "Everybody I know is either married or I'm too embarrassed to ask them. So, you guys were my only option." said Penelope while walking in the house. "We hear ya. And I'm honored, but Aaliyah is too young to date so I'm going to tell you." Schneider said looking at me with the ' you're to young face'. (does that make sense? I don't know its 3:00 am and I'm tired). "All right, all right." Was the last thing I heard Penelope say before I went to my room to text Alex.

[Test Messages]
[Al-Alex]
[Aa-Aaliyah]

[Aa- Hey Alexxxx, your mom is up here talking to my dad, and I was wondering if Finn has made up his mind of where we are going???]

[Al- Nope, he still hasn't decided.
How much money are you going to bring?]

[Aa- Probs a $100
I can bring some for you, if you want??]

[Al-No it's fine. I'll text you an update later.]

[Aa- Bye Bye Papito]

[Al- omg really Aaliyah. Bye.]

[Aa- oops sorry lol.]

[Back to real life + Time Skip]

Abuelita and Mrs. Alvarez were in the kitchen talking when Elena and I walked and simultaneously said, "Hey, you shaved your 'stache!" "What's going on? Do you have a date?" Elena asked while we both sat down at the table. Of course I already about her date, I could hear Dad and Penelope talking from my room. "How is everybody figuring this out so fast?" Mrs. Alvarez asked confused. "I didn't want you to worry so I didn't wanna tell you. It's just dinner. "Mom, I'm fine! I mean, I thought it was cool that you were blurring gender lines with your upper lip... but this is great!" Elena said while Abuelita, Penelope and I exchanged glances. "So mostly what I'm hearing is I have to up my grooming game." Mrs. Alvarez said making me laugh out loud. They kept talking about if Elena was okay with the dinner date. Elena also said something about women in their late 30's to be in their sexual prime, which completely grossed us out. Penelope didn't want Alex to know so we couldn't tell him, which was going to be hard for me since I tell him everything. Alex started coming towards to table so we all shut our mouths and Penelope looked the other way and covered her upper lip with her finger, which made me giggle a little. Alex looked at us and when noticed we weren't looking at him he asked, "Am I in trouble?" "No... Were ...just ...thinking" Mrs. Alvarez said coming up with a lie on the spot. "Well, when your done thinking can I have $100?" Alex asked as my eyes went wide, is he asking for that much because I said I was bringing that much????? "What?" Penelope asked surprised. "I don't know, I need money for tonight be me, Aaliyah, and our friends are going bowling. Or miniature golfing. Or to the arcade. I don't know, just give me $100, that's how much Aaliyah is bringing." Alex explained to his mom. "Oh no don't bring me into this, plus I have money from my dad." I explained to Alex. "Uhh okay. First of all, you guys need a plan. Second of all, I need to approve your plan. And third of all, 100 bucks. That was funny." Penelope laughed while kissing Alex's cheek. That was so cute, I thought it myself. "Stupid Finn keeps changing his mind. First, he invites Joaquin. Then he has to invite Jade because he invited Joaquin. Then she wanted to bring JuJu and Casey and Maddie." Alex said starting to get a little mad. "I don't know any of these people, we need to talk more... Don't talk to him..." Mrs. Alvarez said to Elena, Abuelita, and I as I followed behind Alex to his room.

[Time skip]

Alex and I walked into the living room to hear Penelope, Elena, and Abuelita talking. "See who?" Alex asked questioning his mom. " You didn't wanna give me the heads-up that he was here?" "Heads-up Alex is here," Abuela said kind of late. "Wait why are you wearing Abuelita's lipstick?" Alex asked. "Why do you know that?" his mom asked him. "It's Scarlet Sunrise. Duh," Alex and I said at the same time imitating Abuelita. " And why are you all dressed up?" "Okay everybody get out of here so I can talk to Alex, Aaliyah you can stay if you want." Penelope said gesturing for everyone to get and, but me being Alex's best friend, I stayed. We all sat down and Mrs. Alvarez asked Alex about what happened to his face and he immediately responded back with the same question. "I'm sorry I was hanging out with my friends. It's hard to turn it off" Penelope and I both looked at him shocked. "Anyway, stupid Finn pushed me into a bush and I got scratched." I looked at him confused because Finn never pushed him into a bush when we were out. "Why do you like that kid again? Because he seems like a-.." " Like a dick?" Alex and I both responded. "Yes, but it's not okay that you both said that." Mrs. Alvarez told Alex about how she went on a date and explained to the both of us that she left. She didn't want anyone to know so she told us to keep it a secret. She told us that she didn't want a date and that she went to watch a crappy chick flick and ate froyo, the kind she makes me and Alex split. She went on about wanting Abuelita to think she went on the date and she asked Alex if it was okay if she went on more dates. Alex had repeated something Elena had said and his mom said to stop talking to her. "Tell her to stop talking to me." "Anyways, dating is super weird." Penelope agreed but then started to realize what he said. "Why do you know?" "My dumbs friends have been trying to get me and this girl, Anna, together. So what happened tonight was Finn made a plan. Then everybody bailed on purpose so Anna and I could be alone. But they forgot Aaliyah was with us so it was Aaliyah, Anna, and I alone. I mean, I like Anna but I don't really want a girlfriend. It was like everyone had something to say about it, but me. "That's exactly how I felt. And your right, dating is super weird, until it's not." Penelope then proceeded to ask if he wanted to talk about anything else. He replied with "Well, I kinda lied to you." "Oh god, what is it? Did you steal something? Did you damage something? Did you pee on something 'cause you were mad and then later you were, like,'I shouldn't have done that'?" Alex looked scared at this point and it looked really cute. "No, who does that?" We both ask. "These are just general examples." She told us. "What did you do?" "This isn't because Finn pushed me into a bush. I tried to shave." I burst out laughing for so long I didn't hear the rest of the conversation. They were now in the bathroom getting ready to shave. "Alex, you look so stupid." I laughed at him while he had shaving cream on his upper lip. "Oh really?" He asked sarcastically while starting to chase me the can of shaving cream in his hand. He finally sprayed it on me but then I talked him into a hug, getting it all over him. After we made it back to the bathroom I let him and Mrs. Alvarez do their thing and I waited for Alex to go to his room.

"Hey thanks for staying with me and Anna today, I didn't even want to be with her. You are a lifesaver," he said laying done on his bed next to me. "I feel bad though, I made her and Finn's plan fail." I explained to him "It's okay, don't worry." "Thanks, Alex, but I have to go now it's getting late. I'll see you tomorrow." I said hugging him then getting up and leaving through the window.

ashlyn speaks 

OMG this took two hours to write and it's currently 4:00 am and I'm too tired. Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter. Bye peeps, okay I'm going to stop. Total words 1503 

[her; Alex Alvarez]