[chapter thirty-nine]

[her; Alex Alvarez]

Alex, Abuelita, and I were laughing behind the curtain, Abuelita was helping us think of what we should do on our date today since Alex was grounded. Abuelita was about to make a suggestion when we heard Pen and Mateo walk in, so we kept quiet to stalk.

"I just wanna make sure I'm safely out of the friendzone." 
"you are out of the friend zone. and you will soon have access to many other zones! skjdks ok bye!" yuck. we walked out of the curtain perfectly in sync, I walked between the two looking like a total badass. we stood in front of Pen with disappointed looks on our faces.

"That was the saddest thing we have ever heard." Alex and I nodded our heads in agreement with Abuelita.

later on, we found out Abuelitas suggestion, and I was totally not completely on board with it, but whatever yk? at least I'm gonna be there with my boyfriend. so we walked out in our beautiful white clothes while Alex yelled, "Let's get this bocce ball rolling!"

we stood next to Pen and after Alex and pen's little exchange I quickly stated to Abuelita. "For the record, Alex is MINE so back off, old lady!"
"Oh, Aaliyah. but Lydia isn't a day over 30!" Leslie seemed offended for Lydia. "can it, Leslie." Lydia said in a harsh tone that made him simmer down like a puppy. I was wearing a small white dress that was flowy so Alex and I were matching. Elena and Syd came out matching, too. "Wow! look at you guys, your all matching! how cute." I smiled at Penelope.

"why does ur head look like a butt?"
"hehe.." I ignored everything they said and kissed Alex, whispering into his ear "Happy Valentine's day, my love."

he turned to look at me and kissed me on the lips, grabbing my hands as we walked out of the apartment.

I was sitting on the patterned blanket, looking up at the slightly clouded sky. Alex came up to me and said, "Hey, love. wanna go get some snacks for Abuelita? there's a corner store about a block away from here." I smiled "sure." and stood up, grabbing his hand and some money while we walked on the grass. "hey, we haven't really talked lately about stuff that goes on at school. hows it been going for you?" I asked him, my mind blank as I asked the question.

"oh, actually I met this new student. her name is Nora. She's been really chill with me, I don't know but we're pretty good friends now. she has really curly hair, and she put little pins in it to keep it out of her face, its actually kinda... nevermind..." 

he kept talking about her and how they'd mess around in class. but my mind kept going back to what he was saying. did he wanna say that he thinks she's pretty? cute?? gorgeous even? he's never talked about another girl to me like that.

before I realized it started drizzling. Alex and I looked up at the darkened clouds, contemplating whether it gets worse or not. I decided it'd get worse. "hey... we should head back" I started walking back a bit. "relax. It's nothing too bad, we have a few more minutes."

"dude, it's gonna get worse. look how dark those clouds are." 

"my god, Aaliyah. it's not so bad. let's go into the store already." "no?? Lydia's probably looking for us anyway." "no, she's not! let's go already!" he tried grabbing my arm, but I slipped out and ran back to the park, it was already pouring by the time I got there and I saw no sign of Alex.

I walked into the apartment, a little ahead of everyone else, "Hey Aaliyah! oh, what's wrong??" 

"nothing." I walked past her, into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

when I walked out of the restroom, drying my hair with the towel wrapped around my neck, I saw the entire family talking to each other. I was walking to Alex's room when I heard him scream, running towards me.

he barrelled me down, I landed right on my face with his entire weight on my body. "fuckkkkk" I groaned out as I saw arms come out around me, quickly picking themselves up. "A- Aaliyah! I'm so sorry, love- are you okay???" 

"no, dumbass. I think I'm bleeding." I saw a slight fault in his expression before he took over the panicked mood again and dragged me to the restroom once again to clean up my now bleeding nose. "Look, mi amor. I'm really sorry that I yelled at you earlier when we were in front of the store. there's really no excuse, and I'm sorry I made u upset." I smiled at him and looked down, but he grabbed my face and gave me a long kiss. he pulled away from me and rested his head on my forehead. I got down from the sink I was on, grabbing his wrist and pulling him with me to the living room.

Alex and I continued setting up for the party laughing and throwing random shit at each other. we were having fun until water started pouring on Leslie's head, hard. 

"I AM A BRUJA, I KNEW IT!" Lysia screamed. 
"Penelope, there's a leak!" I yelled toward her. Dad went upstairs to fix it, lying to Avery about where we lived. 

ok so in reality I couldn't think of anything else but after not having written a chapter in so long I'm actually really happy with how this turned out

- Ray 

[her; Alex Alvarez]