[chapter eleven]

[her; Alex Alvarez]

Alex and I were vibing in his room. We were watching a movie, laying down next to eachother. I think we both felt awkward after what happened last night with Pen. But we are still best friends. After a while notification popped up on his phone. He paused the movie and said it was an email. I crisscrossed myself across from him, and his expression really went from 😐 to 😳. He started jumping up and down, and once he calmed down he told me that he has made the travel team. Then I started jumping up and down. But with q little more thought I realized that it meant I was going to see him less often now. I ended up getting kind of sad, and he noticed and said,"Hey whatw wrong?" I told him why I was sad and he said,"Are you dumb? You're coming with me. Especially if Schneider takes us." Thaf just got me excited all over again. We jumped up and down on his bed for a little while before I hugged him for what felt like eternity. As soon as we pulled apart he said,"Let's go tell my mom!" So he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the living room. As soon as we walked in, alex dropped my hand after looking at me to make sure I knew, and said,"Oh my God you guys. I just got an email and-" Dad ran in, right on time to interrupt Alex,"I MADE THE TRAVEL TEAM. He- he made the travel team. "Oh man, all those practices I took you to finally paid off! I did it! Him. He did it!" I stood back and watched it all happen. Alex was still in shock,"Oh my god you guys I cant believe I did it! I'm so pumped! Travel team is the first step for the big leagues! Mom, when I get there I'm buying you a house." I rolled my eyes, I knew exactly what he would say. "But it wont be near Aaliyah and i's mansion. No one wants there kom around when they're dating models." Called it! Just being real with you." I laughed a bit, Pen told him he still has spiderman sheets, which is exactly what I had been thinking. Alex grabbed my wrist, and we started walking out of the apartment. I said bye to dad really quick, and then we were on our way to school.

After 2 hours of getting on Alex's nerves in our Range rover, we arrived at the hotel. Dad went aside to call Pen, and Alex and I were talking about what we would do in the hotel room. We started talking about stocking up on snacks, and watching some type of movie that we found on the TV, while Finn and the other boys were asleep. Finn stopped talking to his mom, and came up to us. We all started talking about stupid stuff, and then when all the other boys came back, we decided to head to the hotel room. Dad ended the call, and chased us. Before dad opened the room, he told us that he would check for intruders,"Ok, you guys wait here. I'll check for intruders, put a safety lock on the toilet seat, and sweep for tuna." Once we head the beeped, alex and I shoved Dad out of the way, and as soon as we all got into the hotel room, the boys jumped on the beds and started dancing around. Dad got between the beds and started shouting,"Stop! Guys, guys stop! Stop, just just stop!" By his second stop I had already sat down, I may wanna have fun but I'm not stupid. Eventually the boys finally sat down, and dad said that maybe it was time for bed. Alex pointed out,"Its six oclock." Finn told dad that maybe he should hang out with the other parents, and I likes that idea. I just wanted to vibe with Alex, I dont even care that the other boys are here. But then dad made an even crazier suggestion to play a game that I wouldve played when i was three,"How about... we play I-SPY?" Stupid Alex said,"This guy!... when he was five." Dad, trying to be a cuban, said,"Jajaja que funny. Ok. I'll start! I spy with my little eye, something... that us clearly q fire hazard!" But, for once, finn had a great idea. "Hey uh Mr. Schneider? Could you go get us some ice?" Dad immediatly assumed that one of us was hurt, and ran out of the room with the ice bucket. Alex raced across the room to put the do not disturb sign on the knob. I felt kind of bad, and also kind of worried, since I know dad is going to worry about his daughter being stuck in a room with 4 horny teenage boys. But not to worry, I'm not gross.