[chapter thirty four]

[her; Alex Alvarez]

"Who, who, who, who, who, who, bought one pizza and got two free? that's! me that's me!" Lupe said walking into the house. Alex, Elena and I were comforting Abuelita on the couch. We just stared at her. "What? You hate pizza now? Or was it the song. Please say pizza 'cause i feel like that jam really worked." she continued walking over to the table.

"It's your Tía Ophelia. She's dead." Abuelita explained. "Oh, my god, Mami. That's terrible. Who is she again?" Lupe said pausing before asking who she was. Elena went up to her and said, "We can't remember either." while Alex and I went over to them hand in hand.

"Okay is she the tía that always wears yellow?" Elena continued. "That's Tía Big Bird" Lupe explained. "Is she the one that always finds new ways to insult you?" I asked. "Pfft! That's Tía Bitchy." she told me. "So none of us can remember who she is?" we all shook our heads no as Dad walked into the apartment.

"Oh, Tía Ophelia. What a tragedy. We danced all night at Elena's quinces. She had scarlet fever as a child and lost her right eye." he explained to us while standing next to Alex and I. "Ophelia was the Tía with the eye patch." Elena said. " Tía Jack Sparrow!" Alex and I said remembering our nickname for her.
"Aha! I called her Tía Blackbeard, but that got confusing because we have an. cruel tía with a black beard.

We all started laughing but Abuelita came over and hit the tables. We all did the sign of the cross, well, dad did something like the sign of the cross. We apologized before Alex and I went over to the couch. He sat on ledge and I just stood beside him. He pulled me by my waist and made me sit on his lap. He hugged me as I smiled at him.

"Aah! It'll be good to see everybody. Except, of course, La Diabla. Abuelita said.
"Ooh! there is a Tía Diabla? Sounds hot." Dad said. I cringed as Elena explained the it was Abuelitas younger sister. "Who Mami has been mad at for 20 years because of a stupid mantilla. Mami, Mirtha said she doesn't have it." Lupe added.

"That's because-" Alex started  "She's a liar," Abuelita continued while looking at us. "But didn't you-" "Rightfully accuse of having it all these years? Because she does" she said doing the same thing to me as she did Alex. We looked at her confused before told Alex to comb his hair. "I don't have to." he told her before she messed up his hair.

He screeched as he picked me and brought us to his room. He put me on his bed and looked for his comb. "Papito, it looks fine. I like it messy." I said while walking over to him as he was looking in the mirror fixing it. Once he fixed it he turned to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. I looked up at him and messed up his hair. I kissed him and jumped on his before he could attack me.
He ran over to me and started tickling me.