[chapter thirty six]

[her; Alex Alvarez]

"Abuelita no dancing!" Elena started, " You heard what the doctor said!" After what happened with Abuelita Elena has been making sure she doesn't do anything to extreme to hurt herself.

"Who could understand her? I am fluent in mambo not mumbo jumbo." Abuelita on the other hand... she doesn't care and continues to be... how do i put this... herself.

Elena and Abuelita continued to argue as Alex and I sat at the table watching them. "Papito, hit it." Abuelita said coming over to us. Alex started the music as I threw her, her cane. "Don't enable this!" Elena told us after Abuelita started dancing with her cane. "Your lucky we talked her out of the fishnets!" I told her as Abuelita continued dancing. I looked and Alex and we laughed.

"And then, oh, my god... Mateo did this funny Nikki impersonation. 'Hi, I'm Nikki. I'm terrible." Lupe told Alex and I as we walked into the apartment. We just stared at her. "You've got to see him do it." "Enough about Mateo already. Just admit it. You like him." Alex said as we walked after Lupe. "Of course I like him he's my buddy."  I- is this girl serious.

"No you like him" I told her emphasizing on like. We continued to explain how they were acting together. "Ohh, so your crushing on a DIlF, eh? Want me to talk to him? DILF to DILF?" Okay first off Eew dad. "Oakh you may be a dad, but you are definitely not an ILf." she told him. "Took the word right out my mouths Pen." I told her.

Everyone was talking about Mateo when Abuelita and Lupe started moving and making sounds. We all told them to stop. "It's a feeling you get in your stomach. It's deep, its physical, and once you feel it you can't ignore it. "I get that when I eat soft cheese." Dad said walking out from the kitchen.  To be honest I get that when I'm near Alex even before we started dating.

I wanted to hang out with Dad so i went to the Auction with him. We were standing out his booth when Nikki came over. "And that's my cue to leave." I said walking over to Pen. "Heyyy." I said. "What's wrong? Schneider talking to Nikki?" she asked. "Yup! Uhhh I hate her. No offense to Finn cause he's my friend but, why can't Dad just find a girlfriend who will stay already?" I asked her. She turned me around to face Dad and said, "I have a feeling he might soon." I thanked her and started heading towards dad.

"Did I eat soft cheese?" he said as I sat next to him. "Soooo, Dad. Who was that??" I questioned him. "That was Avery, she's our booth neighbor." He told me sounding really happy when he said her name. "Ohh Dad, you so like herrr." I told him doing the teenage girls when they find something out jump. As I said that he turned around and went over to help Avery with her type writer. Me being me, I sat down and listened to their conversation.

It was now after that whole fiasco with Avery and Nikki and let me tell you I was sitting back and watching the whole thing go down like it was a movie. I am currently going over to talk with Avery right now.

"Excuse me, hi. I'm Aaliyah. You know my dad, Schneider." I said as I got to her. "Oh, Hi! It's lovely to meet you! Wait? Did you say he's your dad?" she said shaking my hand. " Don't worry he adopted me when I was younger. You have nothing to worry about." I told her and she let out a sigh of relief. "Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and say that my dad really likes you. And that you shouldn't worry about Nikki. I don't like her either, neither does my boyfriend and his family. Oh yeah Dad and I are really close with my boyfriends family. We live just above them actually and we were are basically family." She looked at me weirdly. "Okay enough about that, i wanted to tell you that my dad really really likes you and that I like you too and won't mind you possibly being around more often." I finished off what I was trying to say. She looked at me and thanked me. " Oh yeah and I know he said that he wasn't rich, but he his. He might lie to you about that because he really likes you and doesn't want to mess it up with you. And i can tell that you are rich too by the type of type writer you have. So don't worry to much about that. she smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back and left.

It is hours after the auction at school and i was just hanging out with dad before Nikki comes over. "So dad?" I stared. "Oh no what is it this time." "Are you going to ask Avery out?? I really like her and think you too would be good together. Plus the fact that I don't like Nikki." "I think I might I don't know yet. I really like her and i'm glad that you do too. It really means a lot.  But it's late which means Nikki's gonna be here soon so, head over to Alex now and go to bed." He said the last part trying to sound like strict dad. I laughed and said. "Okay Dad, I love you goodnight." I hugged him and started to head to my room so i could climb through the window into Alex's room. Before I went into the room I yelled "Don't have to much fun." I heard him laugh and left.

ashlyn speaks
Hey y'all I finally had time to write this chapter. And i'm so honored to have written the chapter where Avery is introduced because I absolutely LOVE Avery. Anyways peace y'all - total words -  1031

[her; Alex Alvarez]