[chapter fourteen]

[her; Alex Alvarez]

I woke up at the same time that I always do. I got up, went to the restroom, brushed my teeth, and showered. 

I started drying my body with my outfit awaiting me. I was about to start drying my torso but um. There was blood on my towel ?? I didnt feel any pain. There wasnt any type of harm that I couldve endured from that shower. I looked all over myself, trying to find where the blood could be coming from. 

And there it was. On my inner thighs. I started trying really hard to wipe it off. With as much toilet paper as necessary. I was a nervous wreck. At some point no blood was on my thighs anymore, and I tried to flush all the toilet paper down. Mistake. I clogged my toilet. I started freaking out, crying. "DADDD!!!" I was sobbing. I heard dad running in my direction. He stopped at the bathroom door. *knock knock* "Hey, is everything ok???" I could tell by his voice that he had just woken up. "I-im bleeding, and I don't know from where."
"Oh fuck"

Dad told me to put toilet paper between my thighs. It felt super weird. He got a plunger and handed it to me through the door. 

"Um, I'll be right back, kiddo! I'm gonna grab Pen, she probably knows more about this than I do." 

"Dad, please, please dont leave me! I dont know what's happening to me!!"
"I'm sorry kid, but I swear to you, itll only take 5 minutes!"

I heard Alex, Pen and dad burst through the front door. "Aaliyah? Are you okay?.." I heard Alex say. "No, I'm not okay stupid! I have no idea what's happening!" Pen knocked slightly on the door to my bathroom. "Heyyy Aaliyahhhh. I'm gonna hand something to you under the door, and give you instructions on how to use it, okay?" 

"O-okay.." she slid the square plastic covering under the door. I picked it up and told her,"Um. I got it?" 

I heard her whispering to Alex to leave the room. "No wait! Let him stay!" I heard my bed slump back down, indicating to me that Alex was on my bed. "Ok Aaliyah. I need you to grab under the flap, and pull it outwards." I grabbed this thingy on the plastic, and it started to rip, so I just ripped the entire thing off. "Um okay."
"Are you holding the diaper like thingy?"

"Yes." "Okay, that's called a pad. Put the middle of it on the middle of your underwear." Am I gonna be wearing this??? It looks like a stupid diaper! Thank god St. Bibiana makes girls wear skirts, I'd be so embarrassed. I checked the time on my phone. 8:30. A whole hour fricking went by ???? I'm missing so much school alread- FUCK. "What the hell????" "What is it, what's going on Aaliyah??" Alex said. Hehe Alex cares. "Um I dont know, my stomach hurts a lot." "Okay, Aaliyah, you're getting cramps. It's something that girls experience while on their period-" "WHAT" "THIS IS MY PERIOD???"holy shit. So- so I'm going to have to go through this, once a month? I'm not a period expert, but I sure as hell know some stuff about it. I have access to the internet, duh. "Ready for the next step Aaliyah?""Um, yes.""Alright, there are two papers holding together two flaps. Take off the paper, and pull the flaps under the middle of your underwear." It was hard to understand, but I succeeded. Pen asked me if I had finished cleaning up the bathroom. I just needed to pick up the towel and throw away some paper now. "Um not yet, give me like a minute." "Alright." After I did those things, I put the rest of my clothes on and walked out of the bathroom. Alex ran up to me and hugged me. Tight. Do you remember when I said something like "This is the tightest hug he's ever given me"? Yeah, this is another one of those hugs. Alex and I sat on the bed, I feel super uncomfortable.Pen started talking to me about how I'll maybe crave a lot of junk food, I'll have cramps, I'll have to change the pad every 4-6 hours. Then she handed me a giant box of pads. I thanked her for them, and dad came up and asked me if I still really wanted to go to school. I told him no, because I was embarrassed and felt weird. He said that it's alright. Pen and Dad left, leaving Alex and I alone. "Hey, are you alright?" "Huh, oh yea I'm fine. It feels super weird. Has Elena gone through this yet?" "Oh yeah. The only reason I know is because the entire time she was talking about how men are lucky they dont have to go through the menstrual cycle, blab blah blah. You're better, you tell me about the actual pain you feel, and you cuddle with me." I laughed at this idiot, and snuggled closer to him. He pulled both his arms over me while we watched this movie breakthrough on my TV. The actual Niagara falls was beat by my tears. Alex held me the entire time. What the hell was wrong with me? I had already seen this movie.

"Hey, do you wanna order post-mates? I'm hungryyyy" 
"Sure, Aaliyah whatever you want."
My eyes widened. "Are you calling me fat??" 
"Wha-what the hell?? No!" 
"Oh so now I'm stupid!" 
"Nono, Aaliyah! First of all you're the smartest person I know! Second of all, NO I'm not calling you fat! You're skinny as hell, and I'm hungry too! Let's order post mates, come here." I grabbed my phone and fell right back onto him. What the hell is happening to me? Why am I so mad? Why was Alex not mad?

I turned on my phone and asked Alex what he wanted.

"How about Arby's? I know you love it." "Okok. I'll get us Arby's. And you're right, I do love it."I smiled. This boy keeps me happy.

A few hours later, after we had eaten all our postmates, I craved chocolate. And ice-cream. And chips. Hot chips. I texted someone to bring it all to me. What? I'm tired, I had a huge default this morning, and I'm also TOTALLY not comfortable walking right now. Alex and I shared the Gummy worms, we both got a whole pint of Ice cream, and I also got my hot chips!

Alex and I started watching this new series on Netflix, got addicted, and just so happened to pull an all-nighter watching it.

School the next day was hell.

A/N ok so this is a few days after I wrote this chapter, even reading it feels weird. Okok
Word count: 1154

-Ray

[her; Alex Alvarez]