[chapter fifteen]

[her; Alex Alvarez]

It was around 10:00 am and Alex and I were chilling in his room scrolling through Instagram when I saw a post that had a cute new secret Starbucks drink. I squealed at how pretty it. Alex turned to me and laughed. He saw what I was looking at asked if I wanted to go to Starbucks. I didn't answer him and dragged him out of the room. 

"Lupe, Alex and I are going to Starbucks if that's okay," I told her. "Alright just be back in time for lunch," she yelled from her room. 
We were walking out of his apartment when I realized I was wearing a hoodie and leggings. I asked if we could go to my room so I could change before going. He told me we could but I would have to hurry since I take so long. We went up to my room and he sat on my bed as I went to my closet. After a while, I had finally picked what I was going to wear.

[Aaliyah's clothes]

(without the nails and purse

(without the nails and purse.)

I went out of my closet and showed Alex. "Hey we're matching!" he told me. Omg, I didn't even realize. "Oh, I didn't mean to... I'll go change," He told me not to because he liked my outfit and we didn't have time.

[Alex's outfit]

We finally got to the nearest Starbucks and went in line

We finally got to the nearest Starbucks and went in line. When we got to the front of the line I ordered for Alex and I. I tried to give the cashier the Starbucks card Victor got me but Alex stopped me and paid it for me. "Alex, it was my idea to come here. Why would you pay?" I asked kinda pissed that he didn't let me pay. "Just because your rich doesn't mean you have to pay for everything. Let me pay once in a while." He told me and I agreed. The cashier gave us our receipt and told us that we were a cute couple. We started to blush and that's when I realized we were holding hands the entire time. "Oh, we're not a couple we are just best friends," I told the cashier and she just her nodded head. It hurt to say that and I don't know why.

[Alex's POV]

Once the cashier nodded her head Aaliyah went to a table. I thanked the cashier but before I left the cashier told me I should as her out. Why would I ask her out? It's not like she likes me. Does she? I mean she's really cute and funny and really smart. Do I like her? What am I talking about I can't like her? I walked over to where she was sitting and sat down with her. I didn't realize it but I was staring at her. She was just looking at her lap awkwardly. I have to say it was pretty awkward ever since my mom talked to us that one day but we always shook it off. Her name was finally called and she went to get our drinks.

[Aaliyah's POV]

Once I got to our drinks the cashier came over and asked if I liked him. I obviously told her I didn't "Oh come on you guy's obviously like each other. Just think about it and maybe you will realize it." I smiled and at her and with that she went back to her work. I sat back down and smiled at Alex. We started talking about school but the entire time he was just staring at me. I stared into his eyes and he stared back into mine. We smiled at each other. His smile is so cute! Wait what. Why would I think that he's my best friend? Ughhhh what's going on??? I quickly looked at my phone to try to make it not awkward. "Oh no," I said freaking out. "What's wrong Aaliyah?" He asked concerned. Awwww he cares. "It's 12:00, we were supposed to be home 30 minutes ago," I explained. "Well, what are we waiting for let's go." He said while grabbing my hand pulling me out of the Starbucks.

Once we got back to the building we ran to the apartment and opened the door to see everyone staring at us. "Oh my god, look at them their holding hands," Abuelita said to everybody. We blushed and pulled our hands away immediately. I didn't realize we held hands the whole time from when we left. "So... Why are you guys so late? You were supposed to be back 45 minutes ago." Lupe said. We explained to her that we didn't check the time and that we were sorry. She told it was okay but be back on time next time. We went to his room for a few hours just watching movies while laying down on his bed cuddling. It was around 7:00 pm and we already ate dinner. It was time for me to leave I hugged Alex goodbye and left his room. I was in the living room about to leave when Abuelita opened her curtain and motioned for me to sit on the couch with her. "Aaliyah, I know you like Papito, you just need to admit it." She said. "What are you talking about. I- I don't like him. He's my best friend. I c- can't like him." I stuttered. "Honey, you can't hide your feelings forever. Think about it please." She told me. "To be honest Abuelita whenever I'm with him I get this weird feeling in my stomach. I don't know what it is. I wanted to talk to someone but I never had time." I told her. She spoke to me in a Cuban accent, "Oh darling, you like him, that feeling you get is called butterflies. You get it when you're around someone you like. I always knew you to would get together." she said. "That's the thing, I like him but he doesn't like me." Oh my god, did I just admit that I like him?? I guess I did. "Ahh, you admitted that you like him," Abuelita said really loudly, "Abuelita, shhh. No one can know. Only you. So please don't tell anyone. Especially Alex. I'll tell him when the time is right. I just don't want to ruin our relationship." I said as she quoted down. "Okay, I won't tell anyone. But promise me you'll tell him soon," "I promise Abuelita but I have to go before he comes out and sees me here still." I said as I hugged her and left.

I got to my room and just thought about the day. I like Alex. I really do. It's just the way that his smile is and his braces are just so cute. The way he fixes his hair when it gets messed up. The way he cares for everyone in his family including me and dad. He's just so cute. And that's when I realized... I fell for my best friend.

ashlyn speaks

Ahhhhhh I loved making this chapter. I hope you like it as much as I do!!! Anyways I hope y'all had a good day or night. Peace out losers ✌️. I Luv y'all bye! hehe hehe, okay I'll go now hehe.- Total words 1219