[chapter twenty eight]

[her; Alex Alvarez]

Homecoming is in 36 hours. Now, here's the deal. I had been so excited a few months ago, thinking maybe Alex would ask me to homecoming. But guess what? This idiot asked out Emma, the super tall girl that's OLDER than him. She's not even that pretty! Ok fine shes pretty, but why'd he have to ask her out??? Of course I acted like I was fine with it, i couldnt let him now i liked him. I was too scared! So, now while Alex has a pretty little barbie doll for his date, I'm stuck hanging out with friends. A few people had asked me to homecoming, but I rejected them all. I didnt want anyone other than Alex! So it was more than likely just gonna be Finn and I. Thank god, hes the only person who wont try to make it something it's not.

Alex and I are in his room, even though we werent going to homecoming together, we were still matching. Him in his Abuelito's vintage threads, and me in some really beautiful, flowing dress that Abuelita said was her favorite. I took a picture of us in his full body mirror, and we walked out of his room. Elena had been talking to Abuelita or something, but we interrupted them. "All right, eyes on us!" We announced. Abuelita and Pen turned to look at us, their mouths wide open. Elena looked unimpressed from the kitchen. "How fly are our vintage threads for the dance?" Alex asked. We started posing, Alex, for once, gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed, turning to Abuelita and giving her a knowing look. She smiled at me,"Papiti! You look so handsome in your abuelo's outfit! Aye y Aaliyah! Eres tan preciousa, my linda!!"

"Thank you, Abuelita." I expressed my gratitude.

"Who did you decide to go with?" Why'd you have to ask Pen? Now hes gonna brag about her, and I'm gonna hate every moment of it.

"This older girl, Emma. Shes older." 

"Aye pero papito, I thought you and Aaliyah wouldve gone together!!" I saw him turn red, ignoring her statement. Elena came out of the kitchen, turning down Alex's point. "By two months!"

"Ok, well she had an epic big ask!"

"Papito! It is not polite to talk about your girlfriends fondillo no matter how big it is!" I laughed. Alex and I took turns explaining to Abuelita what a big ask is, and she seemed to understand, but Elena butt in. "Its a whole obnoxious performance. I am so glad that Syd is home schooled and not into this kinda stuff." I slightly nodded my head, turning away when I heard a knock. "Oh hey Syd! What's happening?" Syd ran past Pen, looking super excited. We all stepped back, Syd staying quiet. They pulled out a chair for Elena, and Alex spoke. "I dont know, but I think Syd is wearing their grandpa's outfit too." I laughed, hitting his arm. Syd hit a button on her phone, and music started playing. They did a 360°