[chapter five]

[her; Alex Alvarez]

Alex and I walked into the kitchen, where Abuelita, Pen, Carmen, and Elena were. Guess dad hasn't joined the party yet. Anyways, Alex was holding two boxes of chocolates, and I was holding one. I agreed to help him sell one of his boxes for the baseball team, and by help him I mean I bought a whole box. Alex told his mom, "Glad you're here. Its baseball fundraiser time!" He slid a box to the other side of the counter and told Abuelita that she could sell that box at church. Abuelita agreed promptly. Alex slid the other box farther in front of him to show that it was for his mom. He said, "And this one's for you to sell at work, or wherever you go." But Pen had more to say about selling Alex's chocolates. While Alex and I were walking away, Pen said, "Oo got a great idea! Sell them yourselves! Go, go out in the neighborhood guys. Sell them out there." Obviously, Alex was against doing any type of extra work, so his excuse was, "Arent you worried about predators? Aaliyah and I are very cute." I don't know what it was, but it made me feel a little tinge in my stomach. Like I ate moldy cheese. But then again dad feels that too sometimes so I guessed it was just a stomach ache of some sort. Anyway, Pen said that Abuelita would be three feet behind us at all times so we wouldn't need to worry about predators. Alex said that it was the worst. Really Alex? Having to sell a few chocolates is not hard. You play baseball for christ sake. Pen said, "There's my little go-getter!" I laughed at her witty comment and then walked back to Alex's room with him. He started complaining about how every year they always sell the chocolates, but this year it had to be different. I put my hand on his back to comfort him, and we started watching a short film. 

It actually turns out that dad was here because he came out of the restroom in only a towel. I yelled, "Ew dad!!" And he responded with, "Sorry kid!" I covered my eyes and ran back into Alex's room. I told him what happened, "Dude! I thought my dad was still in the apartment but he just came out of your restroom in only a towel! Disgust." Alex laughed and said, "Dude. I feel so sorry for you. I could not imagine having to see something like that." And then he asked me for details. Does this kid want me to suffer?

[This part isn't part of the show, but I'm trying to add more parts so that Aaliyah can have more lines.]

During school, Alex didn't sell a lot of chocolates. But before 6th period, I took his box and said that I would try to sell some. He just told me, "As if you can sell more than me." It turned into a competition. Who could sell more boxes? Alex in 5 hours, and Aaliyah in one. But by the end of the school day, after I'd taken the box from him, I sold around 20 chocolates. His first box was almost done, and when Alex looked inside all he said was, "Guess you really are the prettier one." I felt that moldy-cheese tingle again, and got kind of freaked out. I just told Alex a quick "told you so" before walking off to the car. When we got in the car Alex put his arm around me to pull me closer, and said, "Hey are you okay? What happened back there?" I didn't say anything but I smiled at him. He just smiled back and left me alone, with his arm still over my shoulder. I've never felt this before, so I need to ask dad. But I'm nervous. Ok ok, I won't ask dad, but maybe I'll talk to Elena? No. Pen? No. Abuelita?? No. Oh, what the hell. I can't talk to anyone about this. I'll just leave it be for now.