[chapter eight]

[her; Alex Alvarez]

It was around 7:00 pm on a Friday and I had decided to have a little girl time by myself, even though Schneider was in the house. I decided to watch the movie "Breakthrough", it had just come out and the main character looked oddly similar to Alex. A/N-Hehe. I paused the movie right as it started and went to my bathroom to put on my charcoal peel of mask. I spread it evenly across my face and went to the kitchen and gotten all my snacks ready. I made my way to the couch laid down and pressed play. About 30 into the movie it was time to take off the mask. I peeled it off and threw it in the trash can then I went back to watch the movie. Throughout the rest of the movie, I was full-on sobbing. I was so emotional to the point that when something bad happened my heart started hurting. It hurt me to see someone that looks like Alex to get hurt. The movie ended around 8:30 and Alex came to our apartment around 8:40.

Alex was sitting at the desk and I was sitting on the couch on my phone, while Dad was in another room not to far away. Alex asked dad if he could use his computer. Dad let him but asked what he needed to research and told him that he can help. "I'm trying to get information on lesbians," Alex responded while I turned and looked at him wide-eyed. "Oh, wow. I just typed in L-E-S and it filled in "bians" and then a lot of other stuff," Alex continued looking scared from what he saw on the laptop. " Oh My God, Dad, what the hell. Sorry for saying hell so close to the word God." I screamed while dad came rushing over and closed the computer before Alex could do anything else. "Ahh. Yeah, lets shut that for now. Um, why do you need info on lesbians?" My dad asked while I gave Alex the 'Don't say anything' look. "Don't get me wrong. I understand the curiosity, but ... I'm not sure you should be doing that. They sat down on the couch when Alex told my dad that he was trying to see if they also like guys. OMG, this stupid boy is going to tell Schneider about Elena. I went off the couch and stood next to Schneider so he couldn't see me. Dad started ranting a little before Alex told him that he was confused because Elena said she might like a dude named Josh. The entire time has was talking I was motioning to stop. What does this guy not get about keeping things a secret? "So?" my dad asked confused. "So.... nothing." I interrupted now wanting Alex to say anything else that could mess this up. "Wait. Aaliyah, Alex, are you saying Elena might be gay?" he asked. We both simultaneously explained no because it was a secret. Dad was shocked at what we told him. We reassured him that she said she might like girls but she might like boys too. Alex added on talking about the broccoli-cauliflower conversation. I looked at him confused. If that was a metaphor Elena didn't do very good with it. Dad told Alex that that was smart even though I'm 1000% he doesn't know what it was. "But... what did your mom say?" he asked us thinking she knew about this. "She doesn't know. Nobody except us knows." I told him "You can't say anything Elena will kill us," He added pointing to me and himself. Dad told us that he wouldn't and we shouldn't worry. He then started asking questions like what is the broccoli-cauliflower conversation and when did she know. Alex stupidly told dad that it is confusing Josh was downstairs with her right now. My eyes widened and I facepalmed myself. Dad soon realized what he had said restated what Alex said but as a question. To make the situation even worse Alex told my dad that it wasn't just any boy and it was the super cool captain of the baseball team. Dad made a witty comment, sighed, and said someone should do something. My dad being the slow person he is, realized that HE needed to do something. My dad and I ran out of the door as Alex grabbed the computer to look at it. I ran back to him closed the computer and dragged him with us.

[Time skip because I'm tired and lazy]

By now everybody was home and arguing about what happened with Elena and Josh. Doc came out of the kitchen with Abuelita's juice making Pen confused. He explained that she came to bring Lydia juice. Everyone was confused because Abuelita told us they met at church but Doc is Jewish and we are catholic. Pen then realized what was going on, they were on a date. It makes sense they were both dressed up and both came home with each other. Doc explained that it was a platonic outing. Whatever it is it sounds sad. Lydia and Pen started arguing so Alex asked how her date was. Right as he said that a girl came in giving Pen her phone that she left in the lady's car. "This is your date?" Abuelita asked? "So much to process today. " Dad said as we all looked shocked. "So much." Elena agreed. The lady explained that they weren't on a date and made a witty comment while she was talking. Then the lady said something no Cuban wants to hear, they were at therapy. Pen looked at the lady and she corrected herself by telling us that therapy was the name of a hot new club then she left. Pen and Lydia started arguing about therapy and how its for the locos. Then they started arguing about lying, Doc interrupted them explaining to Lydia that she needs to calm down because she has a history of stroke. They kept arguing about Lydia's stroke. Dang whats with the arguing in the family today.  "This is obviously a very personal family matter," Doc said hinting that we should go. "Yeah you should go," Dad said not getting the hint. "All of us, Dad," I explained to him. I hugged Alex goodbye and dragged my dad with me to the door. Doc was ahead of us so when Doc and I went out the door, Dad closed it on us staying inside. I quickly face palmed before opening the door and dragging him out. I said bye to the Alvarez's and dragged dad our apartment.

After a while I assumed it was safe to text Alex. He explained to me that Elena got grounded and that Lupe is allowed to go to therapy. We talked for a while until I felt sleepy. I quickly went to his window and knocked on it. He opened it up and I went inside hugged him and kissed his cheek. I  said goodnight and crawled back out the window back to my room. I laid down under the cover and thought about the crazy day I had, minutes later I finally was out like a light.

ashlyn speaks

This isn't my best chapter so far but I don't think it's bad. Sorry if it was short  I tried to summarize things to make it different. I don't know if I like it this way or the other way. It would help a lot if you comment which way you like better. Thanks for reading. Whoever is reading this right now YOU ARE AMAZING. Okie bye for now. *Does a spin a disappears* Hehe- Total Words: 1298

[her; Alex Alvarez]