[chapter thirty seven]

[her; Alex Alvarez]

Alex ranted to me for like 30 minutes about how his family never goes on trips before finally letting up and go to complain to his mother. He held his phone as we walked to where Pen was sitting. "Man, I'm so jealous. Chloe and her family are going on a ski trip for the break. They're staying in a hotel room with 2 rooms."

"Yeah, it's called a suite." I said it sarcasitcally, but alex thought I was making a point and nodded his head aggressively agreeing with me.

"Fool, I've seen basketball wives, I know what a suite is." I chuckled, walking over to sit next to Elena, looking over her shoulder at the words she was practicing. 
Alex walked over promptly, "We never go on vacation."

"Oh yes we do, it's just the last time we went you were too young to form memories. Where do you think your Micky mouse ears came from?"

"The dollar tree."

"And they're not even Micky mouse they're ricky rat." I finished his sentence, not looking up from my phone.

"Alex, can you whine about your sad little life somewhere else? I'm doing my SAT prep. I have a thousand words to learn!"

"Well I've got two for ya: you're a dingus."
"That's three words, dingus!" I just laughed at Alex from my spot on the couch.

"Hey! Can I have five minutes of peace with you two!" 
"Yea alex, geeze." I kept laughing at him while we walked into the kitchen

"It is true, those two have been fighting a lot. Elena, stop it." I will never understand why Hispanic mothers so obviously favor the boys over girls.

"Pack your bags people, we are going on vacation, its gonna be great, and its gonna bring us closer than ever!"

That was a fucking lie.

I was sitting between Alex and Elena in their car while they yelled at each other, or more into my ears. They kept saying that one of them was taking up too much space and that was why I couldnt scoot over.