Chapter 4

A few weeks have passed since the incident with Sweet Pea. He hasn't done anything since and everything is back to normal. Kevin and Fangs are finally dating so that leaves Archie, Veronica, and Sweet Pea as they only single ones.

Betty POV
I arrived at school early today to work on my article in the Blue and Gold since I wasn't able to finish it last night. I didn't mind doing it, i just wish I had more time on my hands. Managing the Vixens, newspaper, good grades, and having a good senior year is becoming so overwhelming. I did not think it would be this hard. I've thought about giving the captain job to Cheryl since she's always wanted to be captain. She deserves it. She has had to put up with so much in her life. But V and Toni are also Vixens and I don't want them to be upset with me because I didn't give captain to them. "Ugh focus on the article Betty. You only have half an hour" I said to myself.
I ended up finishing the article in 15 minutes since I had all the information so I decided to head to the steps to meet with the rest of the group. When I got to the steps Sweet Pea was the only one there.

"Hey Betts" he said. I was taken aback by the name he used. Normally Jug was the only person to call me that. It just felt weird hearing it come out of someone else's mouth.
"Hey" I said.
"So I have a question..." he said
"Okay...ask it" I said smirking
"Canyoututormeinmathbecauseimfailing" he said so fast I couldn't understand what he's saying.
"Okay. If you want me to answer you, you're gonna have to ask your question a little slower" I laughed.
"Can you tutor me in math because right now I'm failing and I really need to pass to graduate and you're the smartest one out of all of us. So will you help me?"
"Of course I'll help you! When do you want to meet?" I said.
"Can you meet this Friday?" He asked
"I normally would say yes but I can't this week because Jug is taking me on a surprise date" I said excited for this Friday. Sweet Pea rolled his eyes as if he was annoyed. "Is there a problem?" I asked confused.
"Yea. There is. I'm trying to graduate with all my friends and you said you would help me but all you want to do is go on dates with your boyfriend. " he said. I was now getting really annoyed.
"Look. I'm sorry you're stressed about failing" I started but was instantly interrupted.
"Stressed?! You think I'm stressed. That's funny. I'm just annoyed at the fact you say you'll help me one second and then going on dates the next. Make up your damn mind, would you?!" He said.

I knew he was stressed but that doesn't mean he can be a jerk to me. Especially after I forgave him for what he had done previously. I couldn't do this anymore. All of my stress for my extracurriculars and now having one of my best friends yell at me. It was all becoming to much. I needed to get out of here.

"Um. I-I just remembered I have to finish an article so I'm gonna g-go." I said. I never stutter. Why the hell did I just stutter? Ugh who even cares anymore. I decided to go sit in the Blue and Gold and reread my article and then just sit on my phone until the others arrived.

Jughead POV

I got to school to see everyone waiting for me except for Betty. That's weird usually she's either one of the first ones or she comes with me. And I know she's not sick because she always texts me if she's staying home, which is rare.

"Hey guys" I said as I walked up to them.
"Hey" they all replied.
"Where's Betty?" I asked curiously.
"She said she had to go to the Blue and Gold to finish some article" Sweet Pea said.
"Okay. I'm gonna go see her. See you guys at lunch" I said as I walked away.

That's really weird. She texted me saying she had finished the article.

"Hey stranger" I said as I walked in the room.
"Hi" she said smiling at me looking up from her phone.
"So why did Pea tell me you came here to finish an article if you texted me saying you had finished it?" I asked curiously.
"I wanted to proof read it since I had written it so fast I felt like there were errors. Then I was too lazy to get up so I just stayed here."
"If you say so" I said laughing then pecking her lips. "So. Are you excited for our date on Friday?" I asked. Suddenly her expression changed and her eyes were a brighter green than before. She was definitely excited.
"Yes! Can you please tell me where we're going?"
"If I did that it wouldn't be a surprise" I told her causing her to pout.
"Please Juggieeeee. How will I know what to wear" she whined.
"Since I know Toni can keep a secret I'll tell her and she can tell you what to wear. That way you're dressed appropriately for the event, but won't know where we're going. How's that?" I asked smirking at her still pouting.
"Fine" she sighed. Then we kissed for a few seconds. "Okay we should go to class now"

We walked to class hand in hand as usual and said our farewells until lunch. God I love that girl so much. She makes me the happiest man alive. I cant wait for our date this Friday.

Betty POV

The whole math class I was on edge.  I think it's because of what happened this morning with Sweet Pea but I was also stressing. I think I'm actually going to ask Cheryl to be captain and drop out of the Vixens. That way I won't have rehearsal every single day for hours on end. My thoughts were interrupted by someone tapping on my shoulder.
"Can we talk?" Sweet Pea said.
"At lunch" I told him.

Time pass to lunch!

I sat down in my normal spot and started eating my fries and drinking my milkshake. V's mom always brings us Pops for lunch on Wednesdays so that's what we had today. I then felt a hand on my shoulder and practically jumped out of the seat since I was startled and not expecting it.
"You okay there?" Jug said as he laughed.
"It'a not funny" I said as I sat there pouting.
"I'm sorry baby." He said giving me a kiss on my hair.
"Just eat your burgers and be quiet" I said smirking at him.
"You don't have to tell me twice." He said and everyone laughed.
A few minutes later everyone was in their own conversations and I had finished my food. But I was still hungry.
"Juggieeee" I said sweetly and looked at him with my puppy dog eyes. "Can I have a bite of your burger? Pleaseeee. I finished mine and I'm still hungry"
He looked at me trying to resist. He sighed "Fine"
"You're the best. I love you" I said kissing his cheek.
"I love you too" he said.
I took a huge bite and looked at him laughing. Then I looked at everyone since they had gone quiet. They were all looking at me with huge eyes.
"What? Is there something on my face" I said confused.
"Kevin!" Veronica squealed. "We have to start planning their wedding"
"Why? We aren't engaged?" Jug said just as confused.
"Because. Forsythe Pendelton Jones the third, just shared his food with you. That's never happened before." Kevin said like it was obvious.
"Why is this such a big deal? He shares his food with me all the time." I said still confused.
"Omg B! And you never told us" Veronica said. I'm laughing about how stupid this conversation is.
"Sorry, V. I thought I did. Must've slipped my mind" I said smirking at Jughead.
They all carried on with their conversations and I just cuddle into Jughead.

"Betty can we talk now?" Sweet Pea asked.
"Sure. Here or...?" I asked.
"Can we go somewhere more private?"
"Sure! I'll be right back" I said getting up and kissing Jugs cheek.

"Okay so I'm sorry I yelled at you. You're right I am stressed and I'm sorry." He said apologetically.
"It's okay Sweets. I'll still help you. Jug has some important Serpent thing Sunday night so do you want to do it then?"
"Yes, please. Betts you're amazing" he said. I don't know why but the nickname doesn't sound right coming from him. It's....weird.
"Also can we meet like twice a week until I start passing?"
"Yea, sure! So every Sunday and Wednesday night at the Wyrm?" I asked him
"Yea that should work, thank you!" He said.

I gave him a soft smile and returned to my boyfriend.

I hope I don't regret helping him.

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter! There is some foreshadowing for what might happen in the future...make sure to comment your predictions, opinions, and thoughts. I'm having fun writing this story so I hope you are all enjoying it! :)