Chapter 20

Betty POV

It was Monday morning and I was dreading going to school. Mom forced me to eat something yesterday but I just threw it up. This always happens when I'm really anxious. The doctor explained it as my mental health is sick so it makes my body sick. (Something like that.) I really didn't want to go to school. I looked like shit and felt like shit. I put on my black leggings and navy blue crew neck with my Nike running shoes. Then I put my hair into a messy bun. I decided not to wear make up because I would just cry it all of anyway.

"Good morning sweetie" mom said as I came downstairs.
"Morning." I mumbled as I sat down.
"Eat." She said.
"I'm not hungry."
"Honey, I understand you're upset-" she started.
"Oh my god! I'm sick of people always saying they understand I'm upset. If you understood you wouldn't be forcing me to eat even though I'm going to throw it all up anyways!" I yell and leave for school.

I arrive and see all my friends- well Jugheads friends now on the steps. They all see me and smile.
They all say hey and I ignore them. I go to the only place I can think of. The Blue & Gold.

Jughead POV

Yesterday was awful. I just cried. I'm eating more than usual which is a lot of food now. I woke up and dreaded going to school. How was I supposed to see her and be okay with not hugging or kissing her? It's going to be so difficult.

I arrived at school and see all my friends at the  steps. I walk up to them slowly. They all look at me sadly.
"Guys, please don't look at me like that." I sighed. Is this how she feels? "I'm uh-gonna go." I say and walk away from them. I go to the only other place in the school I like. The Blue & Gold.

Betty POV

I'm just sitting in the room crying. I haven't even seen him today and I'm already crying. How am I supposed to make it through the day? Suddenly, I heard the door open.

Jughead.

I quickly wipe my tears away and grab my stuff.
"Oh. I um. Didn't know you were in here." He said looking down.
"It's um. It's fine I was just leaving." I said walking quickly.
"Betty?" He asked sadly. I looked at him. "Do you um...still need a ride to therapy today?" He asked sadly.
"Um...no it's okay. I cant ask Toni or Veronica." I smiled sadly and he nodded.

I went to all my classes and just zoned out. I already knew everything anyway so that wasn't going to be hard. Then, I thought about where to go for lunch. I decided to check the Blue & Gold and it was empty. So I went in there and started my article. Then I heard an announcement.
"Elizabeth Cooper to the principles office. Elizabeth Cooper to the principles office."

I got up and went to the office.
"Principle Weatherbee?" I asked quietly.
"Oh Elizabeth, there you are!" He said excitedly.
"Can you please call me Betty?" I asked kindly.
"Of course, now will you come into my office?" I followed him into the office. He sat down behind his desk and sat down in the chair in front of the desk.

"So, Betty. The reason I called you down here today is because....you're the class valedictorian!" I smiled big.
"Really?!"
"Yes, really. This also means you have to write a speech for graduation." He said to me.
"Y-yes of course. Thank you so much!" Then I grabbed my bag and went to my last class. Even though my life sucks, at least I graduate in a month and am valedictorian. That counts as something, right?

I walked into class and sat in my normal seat. The thing was, mine and Jugheads desks were right next to each other. I zoned out again, thinking of what I was going to write in my speech. I had no idea.

Toni drove me to therapy today and I thanked her and walked inside.

"Hello, Betty. How are you feeling today?" Dr.Sullivan asked.
"Not good." I sadly laughed. "On Saturday we were supposed to go to the swimming hole and start the massage therapy. But, I was supposed to drive Veronica on the motorcycle and then I freaked out before we left because she had to hold onto me. Then Jughead and I got into a fight, I said some pretty hurtful things to him. And then.....I-I broke up w-with h-h-him." I cried. She handed me the tissues.

"What did you say in the argument?"
"It doesn't matter. He hates me now." I cried harder.
"Betty, it does matter. What did you say that makes you think he hates you?"
"I-I was talking to him and then he said he understands it's hard and I snapped at him for some reason and I don't know why. Then I yelled at him for looking at me with sadness and pity in his eyes when he promised he wouldn't. And then I....I said it was his friend that did this and then he said he knows that and he knows if we never dated I wouldn't be going through this. And then I said, maybe we shouldn't have ever dated." I cried.
"Do you blame him?"
"What? No! Of course not! He's the one who has been there for me every step of the way. I pushed away the one person who cared about me and made me feel like enough." I cried.
"Why do you think you did that?" She asked.
"I don't know."
"Yes you do." I started thinking.
"I guess. Deep down....I felt like I was too broken to be fixed and I didn't want to drag him down with me." I sighed.
"Have you tried talking to him?" I shook my head no. "Are there things you want to say to him?"
"Well, yeah. But whenever I see him I can't say them." I said.
"Maybe, you can bring him to your next session and talk about how you're feeling and you can learn how he's feeling." She suggested.
"I can't. I won't be able to handle it if I find out the one person who loved me, hates me now." I cried.
"What he says might surprise you. You have to tell him how you feel and I have an idea of something that might work. But, only if you're comfortable with it." She said.
I thought about it for a few seconds.
"I-um. I'll ask him tomorrow." I said.
"Okay, I'll make you a session tomorrow  then."
"Thank you" I said as I left.

I hope this goes well. I can handle a lot but if he says he hates me, that will be my breaking point.

A/N: How do you guys think Jughead will react to Betty asking him to go to her therapy session with him? Make sure to comment and vote!