Chapter 12

Betty POV

I took a deep breath. I couldn't believe I was going to tell someone. Let alone, one of his best friends.
"Okay" I sighed. "Before I start, you have to promise not to tell a single soul until I'm ready to tell all of them. Please?" I said with tears in my eyes.
"Fine. But Betty, if your mental health gets worse you have to promise to tell your mom. Deal?" Toni said. I knew she was right. I did need to tell my mom.
"Deal. Okay." I took a deep breath. "So I'll start at the beginning. And it may get confusing so I'm sorry if it does." She nodded. I then explained what happened with Sweet Pea right before we went shopping and how he was rude and bruised my arm so badly.
"Oh my god Betty. I'm so sorry, I had no idea." She said apologetically.
"I know. Only Jug did. And pea apologized and I forgave him. I thought he just had an off day. So then a few weeks after that, he asked me to tutor him that day but I couldn't since it was the day Jug surprised me with the light up forest date. He flipped out on me and got this look in his eye that scared me so I just went to the Blue and Gold until you all got there. Again, he apologized and I forgave him. Then, a month ago the whole thing at lunch happened. Do you remember?" She nodded as a sign to show she remembers.
"So then came that Sunday. I really didn't want to go to the tutoring session because in all honesty I was scared of him. He had this look in his eyes that terrified me. It was a look I've never seen him give anyone, it was like there was nobody in there. Anyway, like the nice person I am I went. He apologized for what he said and I told him that's the second time he's been rude and he should be careful because I can only forgive him so many times." I said. At this point tears were streaming down my face and they wouldn't stop. Toni have me a hug and I softly smiled. Then I continued.
"As soon as I said that he started asking if I was threatening him a-and that l-look was back in his eyes. I told him to do some problems and I was going to the bathroom. I was in there a-and I h-heard the door lock since but I assumed it was a stall. Then my door was pushed open and he was standing there." I said sobbing.

⚠️*MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT *⚠️

"I-I asked him what he was doing in there. He said that" I took a deep breath. "He said t-that w-what he wanted to d-do he could do in f-front of p-people. I just wanted to wake up and see it was a nightmare but it wasn't. " I said sobbing. After I calmed down a little I continued.
"He grabbed my arm and threw me to the ground and threw my phone across the room and cracked it. Then h-he. H-he r-raped m-me. When he was finally done after what felt like forever. He lifted my head up and said I couldn't tell Jughead because if I d-did" I said taking a deep breath trying to pull myself together. "He said if I did. He would tell Jug I seduced him. Then he said Jughead would believe him because I'm just some s-slut h-he met 2 y-years ago." I said sobbing in Tonis arms.

We sat there like that for ten minutes. Then Toni started.
"Betty, I'm so sorry. None of had any idea that happened. And you are not some slut, you're practically and angel" I sadly laughed. "But Betty, you should tell someone. Maybe your mom first? Then we can tell Jughead. And when you're ready everyone else" Toni suggested.

"I can't tell Jughead. He's going to hate me believe Sweet Pea over me and I can't lose him. He's all I have left even though I've pushed him away" I said through my tears.

"Elizabeth Cooper look at me." I looked at her. "He does not hate you, I don't think he ever could. And he would not believe Sweet Pea over you, especially not with something that serious. He knows something is up so he would know you aren't lying. And I will be right next to you the whole time. " Toni said. We both smiled sadly.
"Can you sleepover tonight? We can tell my mom when she gets home in an hour and Jughead tonight."
"Of course I'll stay over." She said then we hugged. We watched a movie until my mom got home.

"Hey mom. Can you come here?" I said nervously. Toni smiled at me for support.
"Yea sure honey. Is everything okay?" She asked me confused.
"Actually no. I need to tell you something." Then I explained everything that happened.

"Oh my gosh honey. Why didn't you say anything?" My mom asked me crying, I was also crying and so was Toni.
"I couldn't. I felt so violated and dirty. I thought it was my fault for not noticing the signs." I cried.
"Honey this was not your fault. It was anything but that. I'm so sorry you've been going through that alone."
"It's okay mom. I'm just relieved that I told you and Toni." I said they both softly smiled at me.
"Okay I'm going to go make dinner for you girls. I love you honey" she said.
"I love you too mom" I told her.

I had already texted Jughead. He was going to be here in 30 minutes. I was so nervous.

I really hope he won't be mad at me. I don't know what I would do if I lost him.

A/N: How do you guys think Jughead is going to react? I hope you are all enjoying the book so far! Make sure to comment!!:)