Chapter 5

Betty POV

I woke up this morning and smiled immediately when I remembered it was Friday! I finally got to find out what Jughead had planned! I was so excited!!! I decided to wear something simple and cute today. So I put on my a white shirt with a pink floral jacket, with my basic denim skirt and my white vans. Then I started walking to school.

I arrived before everyone, as per usual so I just sat there on my phone. Fangs arrived next and we talked about him and Kevin's relationship. They had been dating for about 3 weeks now and they were both really happy.
"I feel like I finally found someone who understands me. Like I know I've always had Pea, Jug, and Toni. But it feels like Kevin filled a hole I didn't know that was there and it feels nice to finally be in love." Fangs told me.
"Yea I totally get what you mean before-" then I stopped realizing what he said. I looked at him with a shocked look.
"What?" He asked laughing.
"Did you just say you're in love with him?! YOU LOVE KEVIN" I started squealing and celebrating.
"Oh my god. I love Kevin" Fangs said.
"You have to tell him ASAP!" I said with excitement.
"What does he have to tell someone ASAP?" Toni asked as she approached with Cheryl. Veronica and Archie not too far behind.
"Oh um nothing. Just that he wants to hang out with Kev this weekend and didn't want him to make other plans. " I said smirking at Fangs who was nodding in agreement.
"Why is it always my boyfriend who is last to arrive?" I said realizing everyone was here since Sweet Pea and Kevin just arrived.
"I don't know how it doesn't stress you out B" Veronica said.
"I never said it doesn't" I laughed just as I said that I heard a motorcycle arriving.

Before I knew it there were arms wrapped around me from behind.
"Hi baby" he said. "You excited for our date tonight?" He said smirking.
"I would be more excited if you would tell me where it is." I said turning around and pouting. "How am I supposed to know how to dress?" I complained for the hundredth time this week.
"Like I've told you a million times, Toni will pick out your outfit. " he said while I rolled my eyes.
"How do I know she'll put me in something I like. We don't exactly have the same style. No offense. " I said looking to Toni.
She smiled. "None taken. But, I did pick out your denim outfit for that party a few weeks ago and you loved it. If memory serves, you still owe me a Pops meal. " she said causing us to laugh.
"Okay. Well hate to end this but we gotta get to class." Kevin said.

I was finally in my last class of the day which also happened to be my favorite. English with Jughead gave me something to look forward to during the day. The entire lunch break I was bugging him about where we were going. He still wouldn't tell me. It was getting annoying but I was still excited. I was sitting there doing my work when an overwhelming amount of anxiety took me over. I was anxious about everything. What if Jughead is keeping it a secret because he's breaking up with me? What if he's taking me on the date to kill me? I shot that thought down immediately for obvious reasons. What if I failed my math test this morning? What if I missed a homework assignment due on Monday and now my weekend is full? I started to tear up and was about to break down when the bell rang. Everyone packed their stuff up quickly but I took my time since I was just going to the Blue and Gold. I met Jughead at the door and we walked to the newspaper together.

"Betty. Is everything okay?" He asked me when we sat down to start our articles.
"Yea,why wouldn't it be?" I asked with a fake smile. He gave me a look that said "don't try lying I'm not stupid" and I sighed. "Okay everything isn't okay" I said while letting one single tear fall.
He came over and squatted in front of me. "Then what's wrong?" He asked concerned.
"Everything. My anxiety is acting up again and I know why but it's not something I can fix and it's so annoying" I said with a sad laugh while more tears came streaming down my face.
"Okay how about this. We go through what's causing your anxiety one problem at a time until we get to the root of it. Okay?" I nodded in agreement. "What's the first thing?"
"Our date" I mumbled and he raised an eyebrow.
"Why is our date causing you anxiety? Is it because I won't tell you where we're going?" He said to me.
I sighed knowing he was going to think I'm stupid. "You're going to think I'm stupid" I cried harder.
"Elizabeth Cooper, I would never think you're stupid. You are the smartest person that I know"
I nodded because I knew it was true. "I can't help but think that you're taking me on a special date out of nowhere because you want to break up with me" I said sobbing now.
"I am not breaking up with you. I just thought about all the stress you're under and wanted to help you have a fun night. Okay?" I sighed and nodded wiping my tears away. "Okay. Next thing"
"I'm thinking of dropping out of the Vixens and letting Cheryl be captain but I'm scared of how Veronica or Toni will react."
"How about you make all three of them captain? You always said that it seemed like too much work for one person so you can let them all be captain but Cheryl the main one. How's that?" He said smiling at me. He always knows how to help me feel better and fix my problems.
"Good." I said smiling. I kissed him on the lips for a few seconds but then we both needed air.
"Anything else?"
"No that's it. Thank you for helping me with my dumb issues." I said looking down. Partially embarrassed for how stupid the problems were.
"Hey. They aren't stupid. Sometimes anxiety sucks and you just need someone to help you. And I will always be here to help you. I love you." He said to me making me smile again.
"I love you too" then we kissed again.