Chapter 25

~2 weeks later~

Bettys diary entry:
I talked to my therapist about getting comfortable at the Whyte Wyrm again and she said to start going there but in small intervals. So last Saturday, in the morning Jug took me for about an hour since nobody was there. We just talked and then went to Pops. Then, we went Sunday night and I lasted a little longer. Today, he's taking me after therapy since more people will be there. He said he doesn't want to take me because he doesn't want to push me, but I want to go. I want to be able to come party after graduation with all my friends. I'm also telling my mom about my new career choice tonight. I hope she takes it well. Well, I have to get ready for school now.

I decided to wear a simple white shirt with a green skirt and my white vans today since it was nice.

"Betty!" Veronica exclaimed when I arrived.
"Hey, V. What's up?" I asked her.
"So, we were all talking and we are going shopping this Wednesday for graduation dresses since our last trip got cancelled." She explained.
"Okay!" I said thinking about what kind of dress I want to get.

Before we knew it everyone arrived and was talking about all the events in the next few weeks. Graduation, prom, our last summer together and I started to stress out about everything.
"Hey, Jug?" I asked him and he looked at me.
"Can we go to the Blue and Gold for a minute?" He must've seen the anxiety in my eyes because he immediately took my hand and told them we had to go.

"Betts, what's up?" He asked me.
"I can't handle it. It's all too much" I said sitting down.
"What is?" He asked concerned.
"Everything. I have to tell my mom about my career change, then I have to write my speech, then graduation, I promised them we could shop for dresses together, and then there's prom, and it's all too much" I rambled.
"Okay. Your mom will be fine with your career choice. I can help you with your speech if you let me. Shopping won't be too bad, it'll take 2, 3 hours tops. And don't stress about prom it's supposed to be enjoyable. But, are you sure this sudden anxiety isn't about coming to the Wyrm later?" He asked.
"No, I promise it's not that. I promise I will tell you if it all becomes too much." I said and he nodded. We kissed and went to class.

After school- at therapy

"Betty, how are you today?" Dr.Sullivan asked me.
"I'm okay. I got overwhelmed earlier but Jughead helped me calm down." I said and she smiled. "I've also been starting to go to the Wyrm little by little. Like on Saturday I went for an hour then on Sunday for 2 1/2 hours about. But, we're going after today's session too so I can get used to more people being there but not too many." I said.
"It sounds like your handling this better than anyone could've thought." She reassured me.
"Well, I thought about it. I graduate in 2 1/2 weeks and yea, Sweet Pea hurt new pretty badly and scarred me. But, he can't anymore. And I want control over my life back. I don't want to give him the satisfaction or thinking he broke me or ruined me. He might have at first but I've had people who care about me, here to help put me back together. And now, I'm the happiest I've been in a long time." I sighed with a smile. "And yea, I still get anxiety and have moments where it's bad. But, that's always going to happen." I sighed.
"Wow Betty. You've come a far way and I'm so proud of you. You've reconnected to your feelings. Now, we just have to reconnect you to your body." She said looking at me.
"I've gotten better with people. Like, I hug my mom and friends now for longer periods of time. But, I'm still scared to do anything with Jughead but he understands. We've talked about it." I said smiling.
"Well, I'm happy you're happy Betty. Now, go have some fun." She told me. I said my goodbyes and met Jughead outside.

"Hey, how was therapy?" He asked me after giving me a kiss.
"It was good. We talked about how far I've come" I said as I hugged him. "Thank you."
"For what?" He asked and I looked at him.
"For making me realize I can be happy again" I said. We got on the bike and rode to the Wyrm.

"Are you ready?" He asked me while grabbing my hand.
"Yes." And with that we walked into the bar. When we walked in I saw all of the people and stopped.
"You okay?" Jug asked me concern in his voice.
"Yea I just need a minute." I stood there and took a deep breathe and told myself 'he's not here. He can't hurt you. No one will hurt you.'
I sighed. "Okay. Let's go sit."
"Betty-"
"Jug, I promise I'm okay. I just needed a minute."
"Okay, lets go" he said and grabbed my hand. We went to sit at the bar where everyone was waiting for us.
"Hey, Betty. Do you guys want anything?" Toni asked as we were approaching since she was working her shift.
"Mountain Dew" jug and I said at the same time. He sat down and I sat on his lap and we waited for our drinks. Then Toni gave them to us.
"Thanks, Toni" I said and she smiled.
"So. What color dress do you want for graduation?" Veronica asked me.
"V, do you even have to ask Betty that" Kevin said laughing.
"I was just wondering if she would finally get something that isn't pink." Veronica said.
"Not everything I own is pink." I said defensively.
"She's right. Betty doesn't wear as much pink anymore." Cheryl said.
"But, I still want a pink graduation dress" I said giggling.
"Guys! I cant believe prom is next week!" Cheryl exclaimed.
"I know. Someone has yet to ask me." I said playfully rolling my eyes.
"I just assumed we were going together" he said.
"That doesn't mean you don't have to ask her!" Fangs exclaimed.
"But-" Jug started.
"No buts!Jughead, Kevin, Cheryl, and I will be in his office if you need us." Veronica exclaimed as she pulled jughead up and dragging him to his office.

"And then there were 2." I said to Fangs laughing.
"So Betty, how have you been? I feel like we haven't really talked." Fangs said.
"I've actually been really good. I'm finally happy again." I said smiling.
"I'm so happy for you!" He said giving me a hug.
"I wonder how much they're torturing Jughead." He said and I laughed.

Jughead POV

"Okay so. We need to plan the best promposal for Betty." Veronica said.
"Yes! So let's start planning!" Kevin said.
"Shouldn't I be the one planning this?" I said confused.
"Fine." Veronica sighed. "But we will help you plan!" She said.
"Okay" I sighed.

Finally after an hour of planning, we went back down to the bar. When we went downstairs, my eyes were immediately drawn to the blonde beauty dancing in the middle of the bar.
"Hey Toni. Can I have another Mountain Dew?" I asked her.
"Yea" she said and gave me a drink. "She looks really happy" she said causing me to smile.
"Yea, she does." I said looking at Betty. She saw me looking and started to walk over to me.
"Hi" she said putting her arms around my neck and mine around her waist.
"Hi" I said pecking her lips.
"How badly did they torture you?" She said giggling.
"Not too bad. But, will you go on a date with me tomorrow night?" I asked her and she smiled.
"I don't know. I have some plans but I think I can move them around"she said sarcastically and i chuckled.
"Okay, I'll pick you up at 6" i said and she nodded.

~2 hours later~

"How long has she been asleep?" Cheryl asked as she walked over to our table. I looked at the sleeping girl in my arms.
"I'm not sure. Maybe 20 minutes?" I said more as a question. "What time is it?" I asked curiously.
"About 6 o'clock. Why?" She asked me.
"Betty has to talk to her mom about something so we should probably go." I said and she walked away. I started to play with her hair and slowly wake her up. "Baby, you gotta wake up if you want to talk to your mom." After 2 minutes she finally woke up.
"Good morning sleeping beauty" I laughed as she woke up.
"Stop it" she whined and tucked her head into my chest.
"Well, if you want to talk to your mom when she gets home we should go now." I said and she nodded. We walked over to the bar and said our goodbyes. We got onto the motorcycle and went to her house. We waited on the couch and cuddled while waiting for her mom to get home.

I hope her mom takes the news well. This beautiful girl doesn't deserve anything less than the world.

A/N: I love this chapter so much! What do you think Jughead is planning? How do you think Alice will react? Make sure to like and comment! :)