Chapter 8

A/N: I never clarified what month or season it was. So, right now in the story it's March :)

Betty POV
For the past 2 weeks I have been tutoring Sweet Pea every Sunday and Wednesday from 6-8 and he's actually doing a lot better. Today is Wednesday but Jug wants to take me somewhere special that we can only go to tonight so I have to cancel of Pea, but maybe we can do another night instead.

Lunch Time

I sat down in my normal spot joining everyone except for Jug at the table. He had to make up a test he missed 2 weeks ago.
"So Sweet Pea, do you mind if we move our tutoring session to another night this week. I have plans tonight that I forgot about." I asked him nicely. He looked annoyed.
"As in the tutoring session tonight?" he asked with attitude gaining everyone's attention.
"Yea. I'm sorry I forgot Jug made plans but we can meet on Friday instead." I said shyly.
"Way to be last minute Betts" he said rolling his eyes again. Everyone raises their eyebrow hearing him call me 'Betts' no one was used to it, not even me.
"I really am sorry but we can meet-" I started but was interrupted
"Save it. I heard you the first time" he said rudely making me feel worse.
"Dude will you chill. She's helping you and you're making her feel like crap. She has a life too." Fangs said defending me. I gave him a small smile.
"Well how would you feel if your tutor blew you off just to spend time with her boyfriend who she's clearly obsessed with" he snapped. When he said that I felt awful. I wasn't obsessed with Jug, was I? No, we were both in love with each other, right? I started to tear up so I did the only think I could think of.
"I'm gonna go finish an article. Bye" I said and quickly walked away. Then I made a group chat without Jug and Pea.

Me- Guys please don't tell Jug. It's fine, Pea was just upset just let it go.
V- B, are you sure? He was really rude and you're upset.
Me- yes I'm sure, I'm fine. Just promise not to tell Jug. Okay?
Toni- okay
Cheryl- fine
V- if you say so
Kevin- you got it!
Archie- yup
Fangs- okay
Me- thank you all! :)

I then went to the Blue and Gold and cried for a few minutes. Then I went to the bathroom and fixed my makeup so you couldn't tell I cried. Perfect. I said as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I had english with Jug and then we went to my house until it was time to go on our date. We went to the drive in and saw Rebel Without A Cause that was only showing tonight. Now I understood why we couldn't go any other night. We had a great time but Sweet Peas words were lingering in my head.

"spend time with her boyfriend who she's clearly obsessed with"

I don't know why it's bothering me so much. I know it's not true. It just sucks having one of your friends being rude to you for no reason.

Jug let me drive the motorcycle home and when we got off he walked me to the door. Thats when I asked the question that's been lingering on my mind all night.
"I have a question"
"Yes you can  join the serpents" he said.
"Do you-" I started then realized what he said.
"Wait! Really?!" I said as I gave him a hug.
"Yea really. Now ask the other question." He told me. All of an sudden I got shy. "Don't be getting all shy on me now" he chuckled and I giggled.
"You- you love me right?" I asked lifting my head up. Without hesitation he responded.
"Of course I love you. I would do anything for you. Why do you ask?" He asked confused.
"No reason. Just doubts I guess". And with that I kissed him and went to bed happy.

Jughead and I had eaten lunch in the Blue and Gold the rest of the week because I said I needed to get some work done. But in reality, I just didn't want to see Sweet Pea. I didn't know what to do about Sweet Pea. I knew he had been acting weird and I didn't feel comfortable when it was just the two of us. But I also knew that Jughead had known him practically since birth and didn't want to ruin that. So here I was, trying to figure out what to do without asking for help.

It was now Sunday and I was dreading the tutor lesson. I didn't know what to expect or even if he would show up. But I went anyway.

"Hey" I said as I sat down in our normal booth.
"Hey. Look, I'm sorry about what I said this week. I was stressed I didn't mean it. " he said.
"I get you're stressed. But that's the second time you've said something hurtful to me. I'll forgive you but be careful because I don't know how many times I can forgive one person."I sighed.
"Are you threatening me?" He said angrily.
"What! No. All I'm saying is just because you get stressed it doesn't mean you can be a jerk to other people and be easily forgiven every time. " I said getting an angrier look from him. "Okay well I have to use the restroom so you do these problems and I'll be right back."

I was flushing the toilet when I heard the bathroom door open. I didn't think anything of it because it's a public bathroom. Then I heard a lock and assumed someone locked the stall door. Then someone pushed my door open and I was terrified to see who it was and what they wanted.

Sweet Pea.

I knew he was already mad and that made me even more scared right now but I couldn't show it.

⚠️⚠️⚠️***TRIGGER WARNING- MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT***⚠️⚠️⚠️

"Hey Pea, what are you doing in here? Did you finish your problems?" I asked him trying to figure out a way to get out of here.
"Nope I haven't even touched them. I wanted to come see you." He said coldly.
"Why? I told you I'd be right out" I said starting to get scared.
"Well. What if I told you what I want to do, other people can't see" he said making eye contact with me. At this moment in my life I wanted nothing more then to be at home, in my bed inside of Jugheads arms.
"Um. I have a boyfriend." I said as if he didn't know. I instantly regretted mentioning Jug because Sweet Pea only grow angrier.
"See what if I told you that's the problem. I want you. But you want him. The thing is I always get what I want." He said as he grabbed my arm and held it tightly. At this moment I knew I wouldn't escape this unharmed. I tried pushing him away and yanking my arm away but he was too strong.  I tried grabbing my phone and calling someone but he took it and threw it across the bathroom.

Then he did something I've only seen in horror movies. He threw me to the ground and held me down while undoing his pants. Then pulled my skirt off. I screamed at him to stop. I screamed as loud as I could but we were in a bar blasting music so no one could hear. I was sobbing but still trying to get away but he was holding my arms tightly so I couldn't. It felt like time was going bye so slow. I just wanted to go home. I wanted to wake up from a nightmare and have this never happen at all.

After what felt like centuries, he got up. I thought he was going to leave but he just looked at me and said "Don't even think about telling Jughead because I'll tell him you seduced me. And who do you think he'll believe? Some slut he's known for 2 years or his loyal best friend he's known his whole life?" And with that he walked out like nothing happened. Leaving me sitting there, curled up in a ball. In unspeakable pain.

A/N: I just want to say, this story will be a roller coaster of emotions. If you feel triggered in any way- don't continue. This story will talk about sexual assault multiple times but I will always put a trigger warning. For anyone who has experienced any sort of sexual assault... I'm so sorry you had to go through that. No one deserves to be violated in that way. Again, I love Sweet Pea but I needed a villain. Please make sure to comment your thoughts and opinions, and please be kind!