Chapter 10

Jughead POV

I'm worried about Betty. She hasn't been at school all week but she doesn't have a fever or any sickness symptoms. She also has turned down going to the Wyrm everyday, which she never does. She doesn't want to see or talk to anyone which is so not her. Sweet Pea also said Betty didn't show up for their tutoring on Wednesday and stood him up and she would never do that. I'm going to go talk to her after school.

Time pass- Lunch Time
"Hey. Have any of you spoken to Betty?" I asked everyone.
"No, she won't answer any of us" Toni explained
"What if we all go by her house after school to make sure she's okay and make her feel better." Veronica suggested and we all agreed.

I just hope she's okay. She's always struggled with her mental health but she would usually tell me if she's feeling anxious or anything. That also wouldn't make her not come to school or the Wyrm. Those things make her feel better.

Betty POV

I was laying in my bed trying to figure out what I should do. I should tell someone, I NEED to tell someone. But who? I cant tell Jug, that would ruin their friendship. I cant tell Veronica, my mom, Kevin, or Cheryl. They'll force me to tell the police, and I didn't want to do that. I cant tell Fangs, Archie, or Toni because they would tell Jug. So that left me with no one. I decided to write in my diary.

What did I do to deserve this? It's like the universe can't let me just be happy. Once I'm happy, something happens and it all comes crashing down on me. I don't know how much more I can handle. I don't want to be here anymore. I cant be here anymore. It's all too much. I cant see his face again. It'll tear me apart. And he's right. Who would Jug believe? I'm just some girl that he met 2 years ago. Jughead has know HIM his whole life. I cant even say his name, how am I supposed to see him and pretend nothing happened. I think I'm going to have to distance-

I was writing by was interrupted by the doorbell. Who the heck is here this time? I just want to be alone. I made me way downstairs and opened the door.

"SURPRISE!!" Everyone yelled. I gave them a small smile and walked into the living room. Leaving the door open so they could all come in.

"Hey guys. What're you doing here?" I asked them as Jughead sat next to me on the couch. I tensed up as he out his arm around me then relaxed when I noticed it was him.
"Well. We knew you weren't having the best week so we wanted to come surprise you and help you feel better." Cheryl said. I was relaxed for the first time since Sunday night until I saw Sweet Pea walk into the room. I tensed up immediately and started to tear up.
"Um thanks guys. B-but y-you d-didn't have t-to" I said to them with a timid voice.
"B, you okay?" Veronica asked concerned.
"Yea I'm fine. There's actually something I wanted to talk to you guys about. So I'm very overwhelmed with everything right now so. V,Cheryl, and Toni I'm dropping out of the Vixens and you three are going to be captain since it's too much work for one person. But Cheryl, you're the main captain." Everyone looked surprised when I told them.
"Are you sure" they asked me and I nodded with a soft smile.
"Also, Jug" I said facing him. "I don't really have time for the newspaper anymore so I talked to Kevin and he said he'll do it with you" I said nervously.
"Are you sure you're okay" he said. I nodded because I couldn't lie to him without crying.
"And what about me? Are you bailing on our tutor sessions?" Sweet Pea asked narrowing his eyes at me. I started shaking nervously.
"I-I'm s-sorry. I-I d-don't h-have time any more." I said nervously. He rolled his eyes.
"Um I'll be upstairs doing.....something. But you guys can stay" I said running up the stairs before I broke down.

Jughead POV

That was weird. She never stutters when she s will all of us and she just dropped everything she was doing because she didn't have time. We had only talked about her dropping the Vixens. She never mentioned dropping the newspaper and tutoring. This is so weird for her but she won't tell me what's wrong.
"I have an idea. I'm gonna go talk to her." Toni said and we all nodded.

Toni POV

I knew something was up with Betty so I'm gonna go to Pops with her tomorrow night.
"Knock knock" I said.
"You can come in" she said sniffling.
"So you remember how I picked out that cute outfit and you said you would take me to Pops?" I asked her.
"Yea" she said giggling.
"How about we go just us 2 tomorrow night. I'll pick you up and then we can go and hang out afterwards. Do you want to?" I asked her hopeful.
"Sure" she said with a sad smile.
"Do you want to come back downstairs?" I asked.
"I think I'm gonna stay up here but can you send Jug up?"
"Of course! See you tomorrow!" I said giving her a hug.

Jughead POV

"Jug. Betty said to send you up. " I nodded.
"We're gonna get going. Tell Betty we say bye" Cheryl said and I nodded and went upstairs.

When I walked into her room I saw Betty sitting on her bed.
"Hey baby. You wanted me?" I asked.
"I'm sorry I haven't been talking to you all week" she said apologetically.
"It's okay. If you don't want to tell me what's wrong yet, I can wait." I said and She smiled sadly. "Do you want to watch a movie and cuddle?" I asked her. She looked at me and fear flashed in her eyes.
"No." She said almost immediately.
"Why? You love your cuddles" I said with a smirk.
"Not anymore." She snapped.
"Okay okay, sorry. Do you want to do anything?" I asked her trying to figure out what she wants. She just looked at the ground.
"Do you want to go to the Wyrm? I know you love it there."
"No."
I changed the subject.
"Do you want to become a serpent next weekend?" I asked her. She suddenly looked excited then scared then disappointed.
"I don't know anymore." She said looking down.
"Betty." I sighed. "A few days ago you were so excited and now you're scared of everything. What happened on Sunday?" I asked concerned.
She sighed. "Nothing. Can we please just go watch a movie or something." She pleaded.
"But no cuddling?" I asked.
"No cuddling" she agreed.

She was weird the whole night. I need to figure out what happened on Sunday because she's clearly affected by it.

A/N: In this chapter you see more of how Betty is affected. She's battling so much but doesn't want to tell anyone because she doesn't want to ruin their friendships. This shows how selfless she really is. Make sure to comment! :)