Part 28

Betty POV

"Yea it's me. What the hell happened?" Jug asked me and I just stared at him gathering my thoughts. "Okay before you tell me, let's go to the office and get you ice for your eye and hand." He said and I realized my hand was bruising.

We went into the office  and sat on the couch with ice on my eye.
"Now can you tell me what happened?" He asked looking at me and I sighed.
"I was standing at the bar drinking my Mountain Dew and someone grabbed my butt. I turned around and asked him what he was doing. He continued to walk closer to me and grab my hips and wouldn't let go so I slapped him. Then he asked why I slapped him and I said for grabbing and touching a girl without her consent. Then he said that I was asking for it the way I was dressed and that's probably why I got raped in the first place. Then I just started punching him." I said and looked at him. He looked sympathetic and concerned but also furious and enraged.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yea, I know what happened wasn't my fault and just because I wear something doesn't mean people can do whatever they want." I said and he sadly smiled.
"Well, I'm gonna go deal with this guy. You wanna come?" He said as he stood up.
"Yea" I said. We interlocked our hands and walked out. We both immediately saw the guy who was apparently named "Nick" sitting on the couch with his bruised and beaten face. Oops?

"I'm gonna go to the stage. You can come with me or go with the others. Whatever you want." He said with his hands on my waist. I thought about it for a second.
"I think I'm gonna go sit with the others." I said and he nodded. We kissed for a second before he went on the stage and I walked to the table.
"B! What happened!" Veronica exclaimed and I explained.
"Omg, Betty! We had no idea! I'm sorry" Cheryl said and I laughed slightly.
"It's okay guys. It's not your fault." I said and they nodded. We were interrupted by Jughead.

"SERPENTS!" He yelled and they all silenced and looked at him. "Nick, come up here." Everyone turned and watched Nick as he nervously walked onto the stage. "This guy right here, thinks he has the right to sexually harass and assault any woman just because of what they're wearing. But that goes against everything we believe in. So, we're going to vote to see how we handle this." He said and all the serpents nodded.
"You're seriously voting about kicking me out because some bitch dresses like a slut and couldn't deal with the consequences?!" He yelled and I saw the rage in Jugheads eyes. Before I knew it Jughead grabbed his jacket collar and slammed him against the wall.
"She is not some bitch! She is my girlfriend and you sexually assaulted and harassed her! And even if it was some random girl, what she wears does not and I will repeat does NOT give you consent to do what you want with her!" he yelled as he let go of Nick. "I don't think we need to vote anymore. Nick, you're out of the serpents. Give me your jacket." He said but Nick just stood there. "Give me your jacket!!" Jughead yelled this time. Nick handed Jughead his jacket and started walking out of the bar. As he passed my table he looked at me and stopped.

"This is your fault you little bitch" he said and before I knew it I punched him.
"One more for good measure" I said and sarcastically smiled.
"You're going to regret that" he said walking towards me but was stopped when Fangs stepped in front of me.
"I don't recommend doing that. Now out. Now!" He said and Nick left.

I turned around and saw Cheryl, Veronica, and Kevin looking at me shocked and Toni smirking.
"What?" I asked confused.
"You punched a guy. Multiple times. And you stood up for yourself TWICE!" Kevin exclaimed.
"Oh" I said smirking.
"I love this new badass Betty" Cheryl said.
"I always knew she was in there, Ive just been waiting for her to come out" Toni said laughing.

Suddenly I felt arms wrap around me. At first I panicked, then I realized it was only Jug. I turned around to see him worried.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Baby, I'm okay. I mean my hand hurts a little and same with my eye. But other than that I'm fine." I said and we both laughed.

"Jughead?" Cheryl asked.
"What's up?" Jug asked her.
"Veronica, Kevin, and I want to join the serpents after we graduate." We both looked at her shocked.
"Okay" he says and she smiles.
"B, what about you? Are you going to join?" Cheryl asked me.
"I want to. But, not yet. I want to get used to being here again and then I'll join." I said and jughead kissed my head.
"Just let me know whenever you're ready." He said.
"I will" and then we kissed.

We ended up writing some more of my speech that night and slept in the apartment above the Wyrm. Life was good right now.

A/N: it is shorter but still a good chapter! It gets an important message across!! Make sure to comment and vote! :)