Chapter 7

Jughead POV

This job took longer than most. It took all last night and then we didn't get back until around 8 am so I went home and slept all day not even bothering to call into school. I felt like I was forgetting something but I couldn't remember what it was.

Betty POV

It was now 8 pm and I was so worried about him. We haven't talked in 24 hours, and he went on a trip last night. He told me he'd be fine. He promised me he wouldn't leave me like everyone else did. I cant help but think he broke his promise. I sat on the couch as soon as I got home from vixens at 6 and have been sitting here crying while some random tv show is playing in the background. I cant help but think he's either gone in a ditch somewhere or he decided I wasn't good enough for him. Either way, it hurt like hell not knowing where he was.

Jughead POV

I woke up at 8:00 pm feeling well rested. I check my phone and saw a million text messages.

Baby💜-please tell me you're okay. That's all I need to know.
Baby💜- where are you?
Baby💜-please text me or call me
Baby💜-I'm really worried Jug.

Toni-Call your girlfriend. She's been worried sick all day.
Toni- hello? The least you could do is call her. She hasn't stopped crying since she got home from vixens practice.
Cheryl- call your girlfriend dumbass. Shes worried you're dead.
Kevin- call betty please. She's worried about you.
Fangs- hey man, you should really call Betty. She's been crying a lot today. She doesn't think people can tell but we can.
Veronica- call my bestie please she won't answer anyone else.
Archie-you should call betty. She's kinda worried.

Suddenly it hit me. I haven't talked to her since last night. I never told her goodnight or that I was okay. I'm the worlds crappiest boyfriend right now. I got on my motorcycle and drove to her house right away.

Betty POV

I couldn't stop crying. I didn't know if he was gone or not and it sucks not knowing. I couldn't remember if I had told him I loved him or not when he left and that made me cry even harder. I heard the door open and assumed it was my mom coming home. I didn't even bother to look. I just sat on the couch with my knees pulled up and my face that was covered in tears and bright red on them. I suddenly felt someone touch my shoulder and I jumped off the couch in fear. That's when I saw him.

Juggie?

Jughead POV

Her beautiful face was red from crying so much but she was still the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

"Juggie?" She practically whispered.
"Yea it's me baby. I'm sorry I didn't call-" I started but was soon interrupted by a beautiful blonde jumping into my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my torso and put her head into my neck crying.
"I thought you were gone" she said when I put her down after hugging for 5 minutes. "I though you died or left me" she sad looking down.
"Betty i will never leave you okay?" She nodded. Then all of a sudden she screamed.
"FORSYTH PENDLETON JONES THE THIRD DONT YOU EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!" She said slapping my arm. "You didn't text or call or anything and that was always our rule." She sighed.
"I know and I'm so sorry. The trip took all night and then we got home this morning and I went right to bed and I forgot to text you. I'm sorry baby, it won't happen again I promise." I said.
"It better not" she mumbled. Then her face lit up. " I have an idea!"
"Oh boy. What is it?" I said. Almost dreading the answer.
"So you feel awful about what you did to me right?" She said.
"Of course"
"Then...you should do something for me!" She said excitedly
"And what would that be?"
"You should let me join the serpents!" She said happily but also cautiously. I sighed and frowned.
"Betty-" I started but was interrupted.
"Don't start with the whole it's a gang, it's dangerous thing. I've practically been in the gang since we started dating. I just don't have the jacket and haven't done the initiation." She said.
"How about this? I'm not saying no, but I will think about it and tell you tomorrow, okay?"
"Okay" she smiled.

That night we fell asleep cuddled up on the couch. Forgetting about the world around us for a few hours. It was peaceful.

A/N: This was definitely a shorter chapter and I'm sorry for that! I didn't know what else to add. I keep saying this but the drama is approaching faster than you think! Make sure to comment and be kind! :)