˗ˏˋ 38 ˎˊ˗

🄰🄻🄻🄸🅂🄾🄽

🄰🄻🄻🄸🅂🄾🄽

falling |
chapter thirty-eight

˗ˏˋ ˎˊ˗

"Thank you." I venture to Liam as he pulls out the white cloth chair, then settling in his own.

I've never been to this restaurant but anyone can clearly tell this place is one of the fancier places in town, the tall glass windows and attire of everyone in here can't help but give off the luxurious vibe. Making me feel the slightest bit out of place.

Almost like if I told them my favorite food is pancakes, they would simply laugh as if I was some kind of comedian.

As the waiter brings two glasses of water over I can't help but admire Liams features.

God damn is that one beautiful boy.

My head also can't help but wander back to that same misfit face glued to my every thought. His blank expression when we left continued to stay fixed in my head every painstaking second of the ride here.

It's simply pathetic of me. I'm on a date with an amazing guy, who makes me happy but I still have the face of my fucking ex stuck in my brain. Something that's seen to have repetition in my thoughts.

No matter how busy I am, no matter what I'm doing- my brain is just always succumbed to think back to that face. It's like a cycle almost. Like my brain is like alright let's get this bitch again, and then BAM- he's back in my head again.

I feel that everyone has at least had this kind of feeling once in their lives. It's like a carry on with every sort of romantic relationship.

I think I can say this for every person who's ever been in love that, when you meet someone, that special someone not only has the mutual act of attraction towards you- but they have the ability to seduce your own mind, taking all hold over your body. Once someone finds my soul- true self, I'm theirs forever.

"Hey are you okay?" Liams voice questions making my thoughts diminish instantly.

Jesus how long have I been thinking-

"Yeah, just a little nervous." I lie, plastering a small smile across my own face.

"Why would you be nervous?" He asks, wondering as his voice drips with concern making my heart flush even more.

"I don't know- I just haven't been on a real date in a while." I tell him, hiding the fact that my cheating ex is the only thing on my mind right now.