˗ˏˋ 40 ˎˊ˗

🄰🄻🄻🄸🅂🄾🄽

🄰🄻🄻🄸🅂🄾🄽

falling |
chapter forty

˗ˏˋ ˎˊ˗

"What are these?" Dan asks abruptly as we finally pull apart from the hug that seemed to last almost thrifty minutes, of me just letting out my sobs into his shoulder.

He picks up my wrist and motions towards the light purple bruises marked by the blonde asshole.

"Sit down, I need to talk to you." I say and he nods repeatedly, leading me over to the couch and sitting down.

"What happened? Who hurt you?" He questions, rubbing soft circles on the palm of my hand, his gaze completely glued on me- as If he can never let go.

As he looks at me with complete concern, I realize just how much he still cares for me. His hand hasn't left mine this whole time, making sure every second It's known that he is not leaving my side. Which is, exactly what I need.

As much as he is a cheating asshole- Dan still is one of the only people I go to when I'm hurt, even if he's the one behind the gun, he makes me feel loved when I don't know how to love myself.

So, as I explain the nights events to Dan, I feel like It's a safe space where no one- absolutely no one can judge or hurt me. Which is something rare to find nowadays. His face washes over with two completely different emotions as I explain the story- anger, and sadness. His jaw clenches, and I just know It's behind the thought that someone had hurt me. Someone besides him for once.

"I'm so sorry." He finally lets out after I finish, pulling me into yet another hug, his arms adding even more warmth. "I should have been there, I'm so sorry Al."

"No no no, Dan you had no idea- do not put this on yourself." I banter pulling apart, and placing my hand on top of his.

"I'm fine. I promise. I'm okay." I say putting my hands up, managing to put a small reassuring smile on my face.

"No you're not- Ally I know you." He tells me, putting his hand back over mine when I try to get up.

"Okay, maybe I'm not completely fine- but let's be honest here, I never am." I venture trying to bring some kind of light into this conversation as Dan lets out a chuckle.

"I just can't believe he didn't say one word the whole time those assholes talked." He says getting up from the couch, heading over to the kitchen and then opening the fridge.