IV

About a month had gone by, and things were looking up for E'ani

About a month had gone by, and things were looking up for E'ani. She had put in a lot of long hours, researching, making phone calls, using her connections properly and having meetings to get a few things set up for Amere. She was waiting on conformation back from those things, but she had them in place nonetheless.

Speaking of Amere, the two had actually become friends, kind of. They had a very friendly relationship, he joked around with her often and she would laugh, if she found him funny. Most times he'd be making fun of her and she'd just straight face him.

He was a really nice guy, and she enjoyed working for him, he didn't make anything difficult for her at all. He was, although, fine. Extremely fine, she had to watch herself around him or she'd catch herself staring. He just looked that good. She had absolutely no feelings for the man but appreciating his looks was something she found no problem in.

"Aight, we got a busy weekend ahead of us, sir," E'ani said, sitting in front of Amere at his house. They were having a little debriefing of his activities for the weekend.

"What's on the roster boss lady?" he asked, leaning forward.

"Well, first, stop calling me that," she chuckled, opening her MacBook. Tomorrow morning we have a meeting with your coach, and some staff to see about renegotiating this trash ass underpaying ass contract you signed two years ago," she said, curling her lip up. She hated the terms and the money he was being paid in the contract he signed.

From the moment Amere got drafted he was making waves. She knew he only signed for a year at first but the very next season is when he made ROTY, and his old agent should have tried to renegotiate before the season that just passed, but, he didn't. So now E'ani had to do it before September 10th.

She was able to get on the coaching staff's good side, which allowed her to wiggle her way in to a free Friday they had to have this meeting. Part of the hours she put in were just showing up at his practices and making nice with coach Pederson. Besides the fact that she was pretty good at networking, she knew how to use the face and charm she was born with.

"Second, you have a charity event, Saturday night in New York. Your flight is booked, I have your ticket conformation, and the outfit you need to wear, since you like to act like you've never seen a suit before," she chuckled.

"Aw you got jokes, rugrat?" he smirked. Once she stopped wearing heels around him, he saw her actual height and he just thought she was the smallest thing. She wasn't even that short.

"Chill on me, slim," she laughed to herself, making her accent sound much heavier, since he thought it was just so hilarious how she spoke. "Anyway! After you fly home, you have a free morning on Sunday, but at 1:30, you have an interview! Which is good, I'm gonna start pulling for more of those. Especially with women and black sportscasters, your core fanbase is black women and men, so I want you in places where they can see you. Good?"