XXVI

"You ready, bubba?" Yanni asked as she zipped her last bag up

"Mhm," he yawned. He had just gotten off practice and they were getting ready to make the drive to Maryland. Her dad's birthday was this weekend, the last weekend of September, while Saint's was in a few days.

"I'm gonna drive, Saint. You're exhausted," she walked up to him, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"I'm straight, phat," he said, resting his hand on her bottom. He didn't want her driving if she didn't have to, she was working a lot too, with Kam and his new deals.

"You're not, you bout to fall asleep right now. I'm driving," she said matter-of-factly, letting him go and going to get the keys.

"You always tryna tell my ass what I'm not gon do," he chuckled, pinching her waist as she walked off, making her jump. "I'a drive if I want to, E'ani,"

"Sure you will!" she called, walking downstairs.

He loaded their weekend bags in the car as she sat in the driver's seat of his truck, listening to her music very loudly. That's how she always drove, her music was loud and so was she. He wasn't really sure what kind of sleep she thought he was gonna get.

"You ready?" she smiled widely, when he got in.

"Yeah, you want me ta' pray?" he asked and she nodded with a smile, holding her hand out to him. They made it a practice of theirs to do so whenever they left state, to pray for a safe trip there and back. After he did so, he pressed a kiss to the back of her hand. "Aight let's go," he spoke and she nodded, pulling out of their driveway.

"I like cash and my hair to my ass!" Yanni rapped along with Flo Milli loudly, an hour into their drive

"I like cash and my hair to my ass!" Yanni rapped along with Flo Milli loudly, an hour into their drive. Amere was highly amused by her, he thought she looked adorable, driving his big car. He recorded her about four times already and he was not at all tired of her.

"Bae," he called once the song ended. She turned the radio down and glanced over at him. "You not hungry?"

"No," she laughed. "Are you?"