VIII

"Sis you not off yet?" Sincere said over the phone

"Sis you not off yet?" Sincere said over the phone. Yanni groaned, still reading over this contract in her cubicle. She and Amere had a meeting with hulu nearly a month ago, and they were just now sending her contracts for him. Of course, it was her job to read them and make revisions.

"No, they literally sent me this damn thing at 3:30. I'll be leaving hopefully before 7," she rolled her eyes, checking the time on her apple watch. It was 6:15 now, so she was hoping if she could read fast enough and there was absolutely nothing wrong she'd be gone, but that was really wishful thinking. There was always something wrong.

"Girl it's your birthday weekend, if you don't take yo ass home," Sincere fussed. It was true, Today was October 30th, her birthday was in four days. But since today was Friday, she'd celebrate this weekend at NFL halloween party tomorrow, and at the club the next day. On her actual birthday, which was Tuesday, she wanted to go to Del Frisco's. Ever since she went the first time she loved it.

"I'm almost done, I promise," she lied smoothly. "I'll see you tomorrow okay, sis?"

"Mhm, Ima check yo' location at seven sharp,"

"Okayyyy," she laughed, saying her goodbyes and getting back to diligently reading. She was actually really excited about her birthday this year, she had a whole new group of friends to celebrate with, and she was turning twenty five. That was halfway through her twenties, and while she had a couple of hiccups, she was proud of where she was now.

She wanted to do something nice for Amere's birthday which was last month, but he flew home to Louisiana for his birthday to spend time with his mom and his siblings. She did make sure to call him on his birthday at exactly midnight, and she got him four pairs of new gloves, since he was complaining about his. She was introduced to his mom on that call, and saw exactly where Amere got his Southern charm from.

He'd be there tomorrow too, obviously, he was the one who invited her, he was the one throwing it. She got a plus one and she swindled Amere into adding another, and decided to bring Sincere and Nyx. Sincere and her boyfriend, who she finally met, were taking Nova trick or treating in the afternoon, and then Sincere would come over later on.

The girls decided to go matching as clovers cheerleaders from 'Bring It On', even though it was going to be freezing tomorrow night. She didn't know what Amere was coming as, but knowing Stefani, she'd make him match her.

Yes, she was still around. Amere was trying his hardest to convince everyone she was just a one night stand, just a hit and quit. He tried to convince himself most. He was now trying to convince everyone that she wasn't his girlfriend.

Everyone knew better.

Someone who isn't your girlfriend does not sleep at your house, accompany you to functions in public, and travel two states just to watch your football games in person. Someone who isn't your girlfriend doesn't answer your phone.