XXXV

Good morning my love!" Yanni called, walking into their bedroom

Good morning my love!" Yanni called, walking into their bedroom. "Time to get up, we busy today," she said, flicking the lights on in their bedroom. Three weeks had gone by and since his first day of physical therapy and rehab, they made the decision to move back to their room for added work to his knee.

"Yanni please," he groaned. "It's 7:30,"

"It sure is, and we have to be at physical therapy at 9, so let's get a move on please," she said. They did this every other day for the past two and a half weeks, and he still wasn't used to it. It was offseason and he'd been home with his injury the past month.

It was now February, and Jersey had yet to defrost, so on top of him already being tired, he was freezing all the time. He hated it. He loved Yanni for reminding him every time they had to go—but he despised getting up early.

Finally rolling out of bed, Yanni greeted him with a kiss. "Why you so happy?" he chuckled. She was always up before him but she usually had just as bad an attitude as him—they were not a pleasant couple in the mornings.

"We have our appointment today! For the wedding," she cheesed. "We're getting married!"

"Mhm," he nodded, kissing her forehead. "We are, and you gon be a pretty ass bride," he said, as they both went into the bathroom. She, brushing her teeth and he went straight for the shower. Doing their morning routine was so normal for them now since he had gotten his surgery, they just hadn't stopped since he needed less help.

"Thank you, bubba. You still don't know what colors you want huh?" she asked, as he stripped from his night clothes.

"Hell nah, you don't either?"

"Hell no," she laughed. "I swore I had it all planned out when I was 18, too. I cannot recall of that information, so we starting fresh I guess," she shrugged.

"Dats fine by me, hell, whatever you want we gon do it," he spoke over the water.

"You're too good to me," she said dramatically.

"I am huh? Too damn spoiled, Ima start tellin' yo ass no,"

"Aht! Let's not get crazy, sir," she said immediately, making him burst into laughter.