XXVIII

"Amere, Ima slap the damn phone out yo' hand! Stop recording me," she fussed as they walked around target

"Amere, Ima slap the damn phone out yo' hand! Stop recording me," she fussed as they walked around target. They were doing some shopping for the house, just some extra décor and household things they needed.

"Y'all see how she like yellin' at me?" he chuckled, getting in her face again.

"Ima about to make a scene in this store, Saint," she chuckled and he quickly put the phone up, after posting the video on his story. "Thank you, good Lord, always in that phone," she continued to fuss. Ever since she told Amere they could go public, her face was on his story, quite literally the next morning and ever since then.

"You jus' look so pretty phat phat, I had to," he grinned, making her crack a smile and shake her head as they went down the isle with the plants. "E'ani, we'on need no more plants," he huffed.

"We do! We don't have any in the living room. This one is nice bubba! Ima get it," she happily placed a potted plant in their cart. "Okay we can go, we still gotta go to Carters and get dinner," she said. They were both coming straight from work, and Amere was exhausted, but he wanted to spend time with her, even if it meant walking around stores with her all day.

"Can we do allat like real quick? Niggas is hungry, bae," he groaned.

"I'll buy you a cinnabon, Amere," she chuckled as they made their way to checkout.

As the walked through Carters, looking for outfits for baby Saint, and baby shower gifts for Zeke's daughter, Amere ate on his pretzel from Auntie Anne's. He claimed the Cinnabon wasn't enough to settle his stomach so she bought him a pretzel and cheese too.

"You want a bite, mama?" he asked, holding it out to her while she looked at clothes for Saint.

"No bubba, I'm okay," she chuckled. An associate approached them shortly after, with a smile on her face.

"You two need any help? Shopping for your little one?" she asked in a bubbly voice.

"No, no. Our nephew and niece," Yanni quickly said. She had no time to deal with any pregnancy rumors—especially since she'd be the one getting talked about. "We're okay though, thank you," Yanni smiled.

"You want kids, right?" Amere asked as they continued to walk, and Yanni kept dropping clothes in the cart.

"Of course I do, baby. Just not now," she assured him. "I'll have your big headed children one day and then we'll be in here for them,"

"Ima hold you to that," he pointed and she just laughed.