XVII

Three days

Three days. It had been three whole days, going on four since Yanni drunkenly told Amere she had feelings for him at the club. She had never moved faster than she did that night, squeezing through the crowd while simultaneously on her phone trying to get an uber back to the hotel.

She ended up getting a pool and since she was at the club, lots of people were leaving and arriving so she was able to secure one right as it got there to drop someone else off.

Her years in track paid off at that exact moment.

On the way back, she called her brother and instead of being greeted with excitement like Zeke thought he would be, he was greeted with his sister crying.

She cried while she explained the situation and he was trying to be a good big brother and listen but the fact that she escaped like she did a crime was crazy to him, and he couldn't help but laugh.

She of course had to go home the next morning, so she managed to get to the airport early that morning and switch her ticket out for an earlier one and she'd been avoiding him ever since.

Everything she would usually tell Amere in their little daily debriefings was now sent in an email. She made sure she was either at her office or at Sincere's house, because Amere didn't know where she lived, and she knew he knew better than to pop up at her job.

He'd been texting and calling, and she just could not bring herself to reply. Her friends and her brother were urging her to just talk to him but she was so scared.

"Sis, you can't ignore him forever," Sincere sighed, rubbing her hair as Yanni laid in her lap. "You're gonna have to pick up the phone eventually,"

"Eventually can be much later," she sighed as well.

"E'ani! No, you need to talk to him, sis. Ignoring him is just gonna make everything worse, pooh," Nyx said, pausing from playing with Nova on the other couch. They were all there tonight to hang out with her, and hopefully convince her to talk to Amere.

"But there's just so much that could go wrong—I cannot risk it, the possibilities are really freaking me out," Yanni groaned, picking up her phone to see her big brother calling. "Hold on y'all its Zeke—Hello?"

"Wassup Flo Jo?" Zeke greeted her, immediately cracking up laughing, making Yanni roll her eyes but crack a slight smile, because she knew she was never living that down. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. But you really did the dash on my good man like you owed him some money, like the clock struck twelve on yo' ass," he continued, and Yanni chuckled a little.

"Are you done?" she smirked.

"Yeah—yeah, I'm done Usain," he said once he calmed down. "But anyway, you talked to him?"

"No, Ezekiel! I can't do that," she whined, sitting up and looking at her friends could explain to them at the same time, seeing as they were just having the same conversation.